Author: lt1322min

Why is it difficult for educated women to tie the knot? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-5 23:02:32 |Display all floors
It's supply and demand: as more women become educated they want men better educated than them. During the last fifteen years, the number of college graduates has ballooned but the younger graduates outnumber the older graduates. Thus female graduates in their 20s outnumber male graduates in their 30s.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-5 23:55:33 |Display all floors
It's supply and demand: as more women become educated they want men better educated than them. During the last fifteen years, the number of college graduates has ballooned but the younger graduates outnumber the older graduates. Thus female graduates in their 20s outnumber male graduates in their 30s.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-6 00:09:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by xuedongi60 at 2014-6-6 00:11

In my home city,it is that many girls always want to marry the men who have a better background than themselves,including education,finance,etc.It is very hard to have a relationship if you have a poor education and you are needy.Maybe it is OK if you have a poor education but you are a rich person.It is not my meaning that all girls are just ask for material...It's a wide phenomenon in many areas.Maybe I also can not escape from the case,I am a pauper.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-6-6 09:44:02 |Display all floors
its about time men started to be more choosy in marrying 'up' financially - a woman who earns more than themselves. It will solve many of today's social issues and problems.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-8 09:10:44 |Display all floors
Why can't Chinese women do both? Marry and get their PhD....it works for the rest of us! Why does it have to be a choice between the two? There must be male students there too with ambition and drive for knowledge....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.