Post time 2014-5-29 10:46:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 10:48:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 11:01:14 |Display all floors
zh9865 Post time: 2014-5-28 13:32
in my view, SEX is indeed a taboo for the majority of chinese families, take myself for example, act ...

me too

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 11:49:21 |Display all floors
我英语不太会啊,有会说中文的么?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 12:46:38 |Display all floors
It was a taboo a few decades age.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 13:02:18 |Display all floors
Well I live in the UK and we are pretty open about it you can get free contraception and there is very few laws to stop you from having sex, our age of consent is 16 although you can have sex before and some do (a little young!) and we have some abortion laws. We are taught sex at 5 years old, not specifics just simple stuff, then when we are 11 and then through high school girls get extra talk on menstruation and as a whole class you will have sex-ed classes of some sort, the same thing goes for college.

However when it comes to my boyfriend who is Chinese it's a little different. He was taught the basic science stuff, but he would never discuss such a thing with his parents, he was taught that you would not have sex until after marriage at school during science class and his parents never discussed it. He said the value of a girls virginity is high, and this was further emphasised when one of my Chinese friends said she would keep her relationship a secret because other wise there may be rumours about her that would ruin her reputation. Even during our first month of dating my boyfriend would only come into my dorm if one other friend was with us because he didn't want to ruin my reputation.

I think it's just different ways of thinking, but it confused me... a country with such a tough family planning law doesn't actually teach their students how to use contraception and tells them to wait until marriage. Although contraception in China is also easily available more so in the UK even if you have to pay. It's just different cultures, we are more open about sex and tend to see a lot of it on TV not so much in China. Plus we were the same a while back, views change.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.