Author: english-learner

What advice would you like to give to newcomers to China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-28 18:17:26 |Display all floors
welcome to China and try your best not to be astonished if what you see and experience in China is out of your expectation.
And watch some Chinese talks show would be a good choice if you understand a little Chinese or you can make acquaintance with some young Chinese who can communicate with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 21:05:18 |Display all floors
Take a full load of dollars if you got to night clubs
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 21:38:37 |Display all floors
Learn some Chinese in advance, that will help to close the gap between you and the native people. Tell them if you need some help. They will not initiatively talk to you, but once you ask, they will respond (on most occasions) with hospitality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 22:16:30 |Display all floors
Get some decent advice on basic cultural habbits like how to react when being invited or how to refuse politely without offending.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 22:44:24 |Display all floors
We all common people, wo share the common staff, how to make a living, how to find a girl, how to raise a kid, how to enjoy our life. Just be less aggressive, we are all friendly and easy-going. Different opinion is not an obstacle, it broadens our view and it's why we want to talk to each other.
桃花坞里桃花庵,桃花庵下桃花仙。 桃花仙人种桃树,又摘桃花换酒钱。 酒醒只在花前坐,酒醉还来花下眠。 半醉半醒日复日,花落花开年复年。... ,世人笑我太疯癫,我笑他人看不穿。 不见五陵豪杰墓,无花无酒锄作田

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 23:20:38 |Display all floors
dont be a stranger just be yourself, and leave behind ev'rythin from your ol country & no comparision...adapt quickly & blend it in  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-29 00:32:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2014-5-29 00:34
Jason2014 Post time: 2014-5-28 16:10
Hey, I am a Chinese,and I am willing to help you guys adapt to the new environment in China.I am i ...

The hotpot there is delicious!

I had better not comment on the women
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.