Author: lt1322min

Foreigners detained in Beijing for selling drugs   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-5-29 14:34:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-5-29 14:27
No has the right to take people's lives, full stop! What "law" gives anyone the right to kill?  ...

How many people do drug pushers kill through their products?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-5-29 14:58:56 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-5-29 14:51
And who do you want to punish with the death penalty for committing suicide???

No one, that one is case closed and saves the tax payers a lot of money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 15:05:20 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-5-29 12:34
Incriminating ? His friend just arrived in Beijing and bought some beer to celebrate but it is war ...

would work if he was caught with a beer and some ice (frozen water). that isnt the case here though. He was caught with crystal methaphetamine otherwise known as ice. therefore it is a strong case to say he wasnt talking about the scenario you mentioned.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-29 16:46:16 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-5-29 13:39
No I'm not against cigarettes, alcohol or cars. I am in favour of decriminalising the possession an ...

I have seen all kinds of addicts go berserk and it is never a pretty picture.

their products are frequently fatal to the users

Which is exactly why I am for the legalisation of drugs so the state can make sure of the quality and also get taxes on it. It would also reduce criminality.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 16:48:50 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2014-5-29 15:05
would work if he was caught with a beer and some ice (frozen water). that isnt the case here thoug ...

Still, if I were his lawyer I'd argue a misunderstanding

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 16:52:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-5-29 14:48
I think your commonsense was arrested sometime in the 1950s when calling for the right to smoke  ...

Agree with you on most points. Drugs are being pointed out when tobacco and alcohol kill millions more people each year.

I support the legalisation of the drug business which would create jobs, taxes, and reduce criminality while increasing the quality of the product and therefore decreasing the harm for the final customer.

However I do believe each dispensary should have an in-house psychologist to help those who want to be helped (the guy buying some light recreational drugs once every 6 months probably doesn't need help).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 17:09:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by MisterPanda at 2014-5-29 17:13
seneca Post time: 2014-5-29 17:06
The controversy surrounding drug consumption reminds me of the schizophrenic attitudes people ha ...

I am also in favour of legalizing prostitution which would certainly reduce risk of STD while increasing safety for the working girls.

And I don't even mention the taxes !

I believe it works properly in Germany.
As for the legislator protecting the health of the consumer, there was actually a big judiciary debate in France years ago.

A couple used to engage in SM sex and it could get quite rough, the woman would often have bruises. She went to the doctor who reported her husband to the police (he legally had to since he suspected spousal abuse). Both the wife and the husband explained there was no abuse, psychologists agreed the wife was not under duress at all and actively participated in the games. Yet the husband has been sentenced to 18 months in jail.

The judge considered it was society's job to protect you against yourself, the same way people will do whatever they can to prevent you to commit suicide.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.