Author: JFenix

Police: Killing spree near California campus fueled by rage against women   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-5-27 16:47:09 |Display all floors
TheMakerzBiz Post time: 2014-5-27 18:24
Wonderful post, KIyer! :-D

thanks!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 16:49:20 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2014-5-27 10:54
How it is that, when it is a white man doing the killing he is mentally/emotionally disturbed, but i ...

You clearly do not understand the definition of "terrorism".

From dictionary.com:
ter·ror·ism  [ter-uh-riz-uhm]  Show IPA
noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

In this case, none of the above is relevant. This person was crazy and evil, but he had no grand plans that were political or meant to create drastic change in how the population behaves. Breivik, the Norweigan mass murderer in 2011, by contrast, had a clear anti-immigrant position laid out in his manifesto, and his terrorist act was meant to change the behaviour of the government and alter the behaviour of the people.

Don't misuse such important words because that will lead to them becoming meaningless.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 17:16:38 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-5-26 07:32
A paranoid schizophrenic who probably couldn't relate to either males or females. But there are lots ...

Gun control is absolutely critical for putting an end to these rage crimes. Sooner or later Congress is going to have to find the moral courage to overcome the insecurity-driven desires of the masses and outlaw guns. This is a complete shame in America

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 17:18:37 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-5-27 10:10
i've been busy, away and a bit unwell etc...
almost back to normal... still busy..

Wish you well my friend

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 17:27:10 |Display all floors
forget-me-not Post time: 2014-5-27 11:43
How did he go this far? Why can't he see he has so many time after him to get what he want? 22 virgi ...

It's very sad you believe this is the one and only life. Communism peaches this hopelessness as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 17:34:05 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-5-27 11:59
good point!
but i have noticed that, as a trend, certain people do not react violently and massacr ...

Don't kid yourself it happens in China quite a bit as well. It's just more reported in the West because of a much longer standing Free Press and of course the damage-multiplier of guns.

America needs to learn from China guns have no place in the hands of the public.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 17:42:19 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-5-27 17:16
Gun control is absolutely critical for putting an end to these rage crimes. Sooner or later Congre ...

Congress is representative of the American people, and the majority of Americans are not in favour of a complete ban on guns.

Greater safety and regulation, such as a license and background checks, are definitely something that Congress could enact, but an outright ban would never be acceptable inside the American Republic.

With that said, Canada offers a great alternative -- for rural residents, gun ownership is simple, but for urban residents, the barriers to entry are high.

Absolutes in the gun control debate are what prevent conversation and effective actions to improve public safety!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.