Author: admin

Forum trends: Why do Western women seldom marry Chinese men?[5]- Chinadaily.com.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-27 12:24:34 |Display all floors
ngti2 date. 2014-5-23 21:44
                                I have lived in N. America for 30 years, and I have made the same observation that for Chinese-Cauca ...
Perhaps the male Chinese view that "marrying up" is so important is part of the problem... Many American women pursue a partner, not someone to buy them things and provide economic materialism. Issues like gender-equality, trust, honesty, and so on matter to American women.

For example, in China I know many men who have second families. They justify this by saying "hey, I bought each wife a house, I buy each wife clothes, they are taken care of, so it's all okay". American women do not have that feudal-lord mindset in the 21st century. It's a cultural difference -- don't be so xenophobic and think your cultural mindset is universal!

The obsession with economics and "status" are part of the problem that Chinese males face outside of China. Outside of China, people have different desires, tastes, and characteristics. You take your Sino-view, and that's fine, but it's irrelevant and even offensive to many non-Chinese women.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 13:02:01 |Display all floors
Oh yes, the classic "foreign men spend all their money and Chinese men save all theirs" line.

Where does this stereotype come from and when will it die? It's offensive. Some Chinese men save money, and some don't. And further, not all "foreigners" are the same, nor are all "westerners". Different individuals are different.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 10:20:18 |Display all floors
Its cultural. In male-female relationships, males are likely the active party. In Chinese culture, "face" is paramount. Thus Chinese males often need to be assured before they'll take any action in such a relationship. In orther words, Chinese men have very "thin skin"!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 10:37:26 |Display all floors
To prove my previous comment that Chinese men are 'thin skined' when it comes to male-female relationships, I want to use an obvious example. Night clubs, where one can pick up a girl and pay for her services, is quite common and a prosperous business in the East. This is not the case in the West, where bars are more popular, where guys can pick up girls on a give-and-take or mutual consent bases. !!??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 03:20:34 |Display all floors
This argument is absolutely stereotypical and ridiculous.  And since when is a male from Malawi the expert on what Western women want?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 08:09:04 |Display all floors
wea06003 date. 2014-5-29 03:20
                                This argument is absolutely stereotypical and ridiculous.  And since when is a male from Malawi the  ...
Men in that part of the world TELL women what they want :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 18:44:04 |Display all floors
The Malawi writer made a fair analysis of why Chinese men have difficulty getting dates with Western women.

But the writer does not mention that Chinese men have no difficulty getting black girlfriends in Africa. There are many Chinese-African babies on the continent.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.