Author: ChrisZ

Misconceptions about China   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-5-15 00:20:17 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-5-15 00:12
Are you having trouble reading English?

"You are correct none whatsoever", yes I can read all the words but the sentence has no meaning in standard English.

You could have said any of the following:-
You are not correct
You are wrong
There is nothing whatsoever correct about your statement

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-5-15 00:22:39 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-5-15 00:15
Take a look at my profile my wife is there too. I believe both of us are waaaayyyy better looking  ...

OOOOhhh, Teddy out of the pram. If you think that you are good looking maybe a trip to Specsavers would help.

You should learn to accept a little light hearted banter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-15 00:24:53 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-5-15 00:04
Maybe he worries that he will not stand up to close inspection

And you're right maybe I (or any other male) might be worried about standing up to her inspection. Does that someone imply you're a macho man because you have no respect for yourself?

You went to imply you were in some kind of authoritative position with respect to personnel. Then you conduct yourself in an immature irresponsible way that's intolerant of security procedures employed by the vast majority of the world. If nothing else set an example for respectful behavior toward your employees or learn to mind your own business

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-15 00:27:25 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-5-15 00:22
OOOOhhh, Teddy out of the pram. If you think that you are good looking maybe a trip to Specsavers  ...

I do with things that are light-hearted :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-15 00:37:39 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-5-15 00:17
I have thought.

Many ladies would object to being searched by a male whereas you are in the minor ...

Are you saying you've seen male security searching females with the hand held metal detector?

I 've never seen that in China. Been told many times males are never allowed to search females.

You miss the big point about these searches. Its about saying all males are untrustworthy around females. If you had respect for yourself you would see that as offensive too.

You say I'm in the minority on this matter you are dead wrong The vast majority of countries on this planet prohibit opposite gender searches specifically to it sure did they get the in respect of both genders

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-15 00:41:29 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-5-15 00:17
I have thought.

Many ladies would object to being searched by a male whereas you are in the minor ...

As far as the Patdown thread goes it has struck of chord with far more people then you realize. More than 121k views and 356 pages and growing each day.
I've traveled the world fir 40 years and what goes on in China well it to this is not normal. It is highly offensive to people of dignity and respect

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-15 00:45:14 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-5-15 00:41
As far as the Patdown thread goes it has struck of chord with far more people then you realize. Mo ...

of those 365 pages how many separate people responded? What percentage agreed with you?

It is offensive to you maybe, I put in over 30 flights a year these days and have heard no complaints about this elsewhere

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.