Author: admin

Forum trends: Made in China - cheap and inferior?[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn- cheap a [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-29 19:38:18 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-5-29 12:27
We're still discussing this ? Lots of quality items are made in China such as brand shoes or Apple p ...

Agree. I think the image of "Made in China" products as allegedly inferior is non-sense because there are diverse markets -- low-end, mid-end, high-end -- to be served all over the world. If the quality of manufacturing in China is poor, then all the manufacturing would have moved out of China a long time ago.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-12 03:30:04 |Display all floors
This is very typical of a developing economy. Japan in the 1960's and 1970's copied American products. Then, once their infrastructure started developing, they started developing their own products and quality became better and better. China is no different. It will be amazing to see what innovation China produces.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-12 09:20:37 |Display all floors
PatrickInBeijin date. 2014-5-29 11:51
                                I have been living in China for six years.  Pretty much everything I own or consume (except for a fe ...
Exercise, Mate. message from Australia. I was 92 kg and down to 82 by taking green coffee beans capsules and soccer. I am 183 cm though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-12 11:29:55 |Display all floors
One should not apply the 'cheap and inferior' label to all Made-in-China products. Without mentioning names, some of China's products have hit the world market successfully and that would not be the case if they were of inferior quality.
Of course many low end products are indeed cheap and inferior.  But who cares, the market itelf is so diversified, there are many who prefer, or can only afford the cheaper products, for instance, certain products like shoes and clothings for ordinary folks, especially those in developing countries!  
And in any case, many products at the lower end don't have to be made to last, such as shoes and clothings; who wants to wear a pair of shoes for more than a year?
I like the huge variety of products China churn out every year, the high-end expensive ones, and the low-end cheaper ones, it gives me lots of choices!  The only problem is the mddlemen, they make cheap products sold in China quite expensive when sold abroad! So, an item that sells for one yuan in China is sold for one US$, in the US, a whopping six-fold increase in price, all because of the greedy middlemen!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-20 15:24:50 |Display all floors
market is diversified, Made in China also can provide qualified products, like TV, Cellphone, High speed Train, etc,but for the very low end using products, like shoes, garments, most of these low end industry is being transferred to other south east countires, like Vietnam, Cambordia, etc,China will produce more amazing products in the following years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-21 09:34:29 |Display all floors
When China's industry was in its infancy following the cultural revolution and before, it created a bad reputation for poor quality copies of western goods. Once a reputation is lost it is difficult to get back.
Over the last twenty years the quality of goods has improved to such an extent to rival and even overtake that produced in the west. Now manufacturers here are being encouraged to be innovative and inventive too.
The same developments are hoped for in the areas of medicines, food and  cosmetics which still have a poor reputation and lack of consumer trust.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.