Author: JFenix

Nigeria’s China Connection   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-8 11:16:12 |Display all floors
Is there anything wrong with either china's ties in nigeria or china offering help to nigeria?  They offered satellite assistance and I'm not sure what else.

I'm pleasantly surprised that china is getting involved.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-8 11:17:27 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-5-8 11:15
Oh, why single me out? Everyone who posts a comment in this forum claims to live in China.

Ok...again...are you drunk or something?

I posted this thread....I have never claimed to have lived or visited china.

wtf?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-5-8 11:18:04 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-5-7 19:17
Ok...again...are you drunk or something?

I posted this thread....I have never claimed to have liv ...

So you're a rare exception.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-8 11:19:04 |Display all floors
Abuja: China and Britain have offered to deploy their advanced tracking technologies to support Nigeria's security agencies engaged in the search and rescue operation of abducted schoolgirls, a spokesperson said Wednesday.

China has offered to assist in the effort to rescue the abducted girls, Xinhua quoted Reuben Abati, the special adviser to the Nigerian president on media and publicity, as saying in Abuja.

"In talks with President Jonathan earlier today, Premier Li Keqiang promised that his country will make any useful information acquired by its satellites and intelligence services available to Nigeria's security agencies," he said.

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang is on an official visit to Nigeria. "Premier Li Keqiang assured the president that China will support Nigeria's fight against terrorism in every possible way, including the training of military personnel for anti-insurgency operations, " Abati added.

Abati spoke on the efforts by the government to locate and rescue the girls abducted from the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok of northeast Borno state.

He also said that upon request by President Goodluck Jonathan, British Prime Minister David Cameron has assured to deploy his country's intelligence gathering resources in support of the search and rescue operations.

He said the Nigerian leader spoke with the British Prime Minister on phone after meeting with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-8 11:20:16 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-5-8 11:18
So you're a rare exception.

Ok.  Now that we have that over with.  Do you have an opinion on the topic?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-5-8 11:23:01 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-5-7 19:20
Ok.  Now that we have that over with.  Do you have an opinion on the topic?

Sure. There are terrible things happening all over the world.
This has not been getting the attention it deserves because there is nothing in it for the capitalists.
Now that the capitalists see a PR opportunity they are becoming involved.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-8 11:27:40 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-5-8 11:23
Sure. There are terrible things happening all over the world.
This has not been getting the attent ...

So why is china getting involved?

Are you admitting now that they are capitalists?

Do you know the trade between the countries that vowed to help nigeria?  including china as stated above?

You're going to have to come to grips with globalization robert.  China is all over africa.  Does that make them horrible?  I don't think so.  But if it is someone from the west doing the exact same thing...you see evil.

Maybe you need to take a step back.  I thought the opening article was very objective and fair.  It was clearly stated that ties with china are beneficial to the country.  

Trade is beneficial to any country.

And everyone does it.  I just don't get where you are coming from.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.