Author: DSseeing

Are Chinese women enjoying more rights than those in other countries?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-7 14:39:16 |Display all floors
chinalionfish Post time: 2014-5-7 14:19
It's still a long way to go.

Very long way

To surpass it could be a good idea starting admitting their own shortcomings

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 15:45:48 |Display all floors
You should be who you are regardless other people's words.

I don't think chinese women are different from the ones in other coutries.

But one thing I can say they are the most hard and the most helpless group.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 16:39:08 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2014-5-7 11:53
Women in today's capitalistic China have been reduced †o mere decorative sexual objects.  The endl ...

completely agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 18:52:06 |Display all floors
I am a fan of Jay Chou

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 19:15:27 |Display all floors
Rights

No one has rights anywhere except people like the Rothschilds.
The drunk talks about votes,which are useless.Democracy is an illusion.In any case both women and men were overwhelmingly opposed to the suffragettes.Gender role reversal has always been promoted by the financiers.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 19:20:53 |Display all floors
Having graduated from the college and worked for 2.5 years, as a famale, I gradually get a sense that's shaking my value for life. In the school years, I was nurtured with the idea of the gender equality and encouraged to do better than boys. But when it comes to the workplace, the common expectation for a famale is quite another story.

The role as an OL needs both capacity for tasks and affinity for coordination. But when I talked with a male colleague, Mr.Tse,  that I am not so well at dealing with the interpersonal relationship, he said with a peaceful and sincere smile, "As a girl, you'd better not be so shrewd." He said men expect ladies to be simple and happy. "The simpler, the better."

Why do men hold such expectation for women? Tse did not explain and I didn't ask for further explanation, considering for that the topic about capacity might be sensitive among colleagues.
But not only the colleague, but also my parents, don't think I should spend so much time on work and self-improvement. Though they did not ask me to find a boyfriend explicitly, they always cast an eye of contempt and indifference on my struggle for work.

So, a capable and full-fledged OL that make contribution to the society, who I am making effort to be, could be repellent person! That' really disappointing.

My best friends always encourages me to pursue with my heart. But in China, one's development and success are greatly based on the social hub, which means I can not just be myself. As a Chinese girl who is the only child born in the baby boom in late 1990s by the parents of the 40-50 group(those who was born with famine, grew up with the Culture Revolution, and mostly lose their job in the reform of the state-owned enterprises), my parents' expectation for me, mingled with their unrealized life dream and the traditional identity of a  ideal lady in Chinese culture , bring to me the habit of trying my best and considering others' feeling are deep-rooted habits as well, which gives me an inevitable overloaded mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 19:22:10 |Display all floors
So I think it's the culture and history to be the topic, rather than the political matters.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.