Author: admin

Forum trends: No house, no marriage?[2]- Chinadaily.com.cn   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-1 03:03:36 |Display all floors
in china you don't marry a women you buy a women to be your wife from their parents. I bought one too. I am married to a Chinese woman.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 19:03:53 |Display all floors
my wife's parents asked me at least 30k RMB, but I only gave them 20k RMB as the bride price.
before my marriage they told me, it will be returned to their daughter and they just don't wanna to lose face in front of relatives and friends.
But one year has passed, her daughter never revceived that money.
I don't care too much, because 20k is a little sum.But I don't like the way they did, I don't think they did it for their daugher's good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-8 23:45:20 |Display all floors
I think having your own house proves your competence to your potential mother or father-in-law that you are capable of taking good care of their daughter. She could probably be their only. However, if my potential father-in-law demanded a fixed amount from me every month, I will flee with her daughter before he wakes from sleep.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-31 21:23:54 |Display all floors
Feel so sorry for Richard! What terrible people! I married my Chinese wife 7 years ago and we live in Beijing. My parents gave us some money for our wedding and my Chinese in-laws paid for the wedding itself. And that was it. Any talk of "appointment fees" or "upfront payments" would have sent me running away from/with her and probably this country. Hope you can either tell her parents to back off or find another girl with a reasonable/ less-extortionate family! I'm sure your mom and dad must think Chinese are great people after this experience. Sigh. Best of luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-2 12:12:31 |Display all floors
TheMakerzBiz Post time: 2014-5-6 16:57
To the guy who had to pay his girlfriend's family 6 figures just to date her... RUN! She's not worth ...

Never use money to buy love; love bought with cash is not true love; it will go away as quickly as the  money runs out!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-2 12:17:36 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2014-6-30 21:25
i had the same problem. my ex gf father demanded 100k up front with in 1 week of us being together.  ...

'I sometimes wonder why the parents treat their children like that....'

They treat their daughters like investments that bring them returns every month; except that these investments, unlike those in shares, will never drop in value!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 17:58:22 |Display all floors
A booking fee to meet with her parents? There is no such practice, by tradition or otherwise, unlike having to provide a house or dowry. Either the writer is real dumb or he's fibbing, or it's a scam by his girlfriend, since he could have easily checked with friends of his or his fiancee. Or a fairy tale, most likely.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.