Author: Revolutionar

China Says Terrorism, U.S. Says Prove It   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-7 11:41:48 |Display all floors
MisterZhu Post time: 2014-5-6 01:56
From dust to dust. They come from dust and return to dust. Reread your bible so you don't ask sill ...

Well said. let's face it Osama was created by the Americans and called a freedom fighter as as most of the terrorist the US creates. They only become terrorist when they say no to American corporations taking control of their assets. To hell with the yank dogs of greed and deception.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-5-7 11:51:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-5-6 19:47
Is that so?

Then the U.S. of A. is as bad as China. No0, almost as bad. The Black Americans can ...

""Uighurs have no opportunity to voice their feelings and wishes.""
So their mouths are sewn shut?
Come on, people in China can voice their feelings.
You really ought to go there at least once before you die.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 11:56:51 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-5-7 11:51
""Uighurs have no opportunity to voice their feelings and wishes.""
So their mouths are sewn shut? ...

"MUST SPEAK MANDARIN, NO HALAL FOOD"

China vehemently denies that Uighurs are unfairly marginalised, and says it is addressing underdevelopment and lack of jobs in heavily Uighur areas such as southern Xinjiang.

In February, the government said it would pump an extra 61.66 billion yuan ($10.17 billion) into the region this year to improve housing and employment.

The latest plan is to add 800,000 textile industry jobs in a region that grows more than half of the country's cotton.

But that may do little to address Uighur resentment if many of the jobs are filled by imported Han labour.

Overt discrimination in job advertisements has become rarer in recent years, but activists say it persists.

Where some ads might once have openly discouraged Uighurs from applying, now it is not uncommon for them to make more subtle demands for native Chinese language skills, or to remind applicants that onsite lunch options do not include halal fare.

One Uighur from Urumqi, who asked not to be identified, said he had been rejected for a marketing position by an electronics company that cited the extra administrative burden of hiring Uighurs, which he said included special registration procedures and filing monthly reports to the public security bureau.

"They said if they wanted to hire me they would have a lot of extra work and they were worried about the hassle," the 24-year-old man with fluent Chinese told Reuters. "It's not like this thing has only happened once or twice. It's happened to me before and my girlfriend has had this problem before."

At a recent auto show at Urumqi's new exhibition centre, few Uighurs came to inspect the new Audis, Volkswagens, Fords and Nissans. Visitors had to pass through two rounds of bag searches and metal detectors while armed police patrolled the grounds.

An Long, a Han university student working part-time as a car salesman, was frank about the gap between Han and Uighur.

"Why are there so few Uighurs here?" he said. "Because they can't afford to buy the cars." ($1 = 6.2455 Chinese Yuan)

.............................who are the terrorists in this story?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 12:02:01 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-5-6 19:56
"MUST SPEAK MANDARIN, NO HALAL FOOD"

China vehemently denies that Uighurs are unfairly marginali ...

I've heard worshipers of the spaghetti monster have the same problems.
They keep a live turkey in the trunks of their cars and expect their employers to let them take
five 20 minute breaks a day so they can take the turkey out, feed it spaghetti and pray for
another day of gobbles.
Now who's the terrorists in this story?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 12:24:12 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-5-7 12:02
I've heard worshipers of the spaghetti monster have the same problems.
They keep a live turkey in  ...

when the colonial masters want the land , not the people....................................

the colonial masters are the real terrorists.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 12:28:45 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-5-6 20:24
when the colonial masters want the land , not the people....................................

the  ...

And western imperialism is the king of this activity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-7 12:57:36 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-5-6 20:54
In a manner of speaking - very figuratively so! - yes, their "mouths are shut".

You should vis ...

Your prose is nothing to write home about. But seriously, the Chinese have as much freedom of speech
as any western nation. Saying it isn't so is easy to do but it's still a lie.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.