Author: voice_cd

No house, no marriage?     [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-29 16:24:48 |Display all floors
bigbull Post time: 2014-4-29 15:48
So if I can't afford a house, does it mean I'm never gona marry in china?

YES.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 17:25:21 |Display all floors
Run_ Post time: 2014-4-29 16:04
a family

But he gives her a family also.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 17:51:53 |Display all floors
You have a reasonable point for conversation.

However, I take issue with "ingrained"? and "Chinese women". Let be realistic.  I read this article in which you state every Chinese national have always been able to own land and property as a given right . I think not. History rebukes this point for the last few millennium.

Are Chinese women more needy than other young women in the world? I think not, again.

Maybe it is because since day school children are taught to believe Chinese are singular and separate from the world outside the nations borders. National pride and patriotism is one thing, however, believing one is better than another because of their nationality is globally wrong and XI makes this very point himself.
Your English is still much better than my Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 18:08:49 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-4-29 17:25
But he gives her a family also.

The house represents settling down,also can gives them  the sense of safety ,that what women want.No matter who buies it,there will be more happiness in the life.They can fight for it together.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 19:04:36 |Display all floors
Run_ Post time: 2014-4-29 18:08
The house represents settling down,also can gives them  the sense of safety ,that what women want. ...

A man can buy flats anywhere if he is  a workaholic or highflier eager to stand out as he grows older ; however, not every man has the luck to meet his dremboat when he is a youngster who is   skint and has to rent a small room as his shelter.

How can he have the courage to go after the desirable girl whom he loves? Do you know that China has slews of well-to-do guan er dai or fu er dai who are able to buy all kinds of luxury items for beautiful  Chinese lasses  or their targets?  How can  poor young men compete with them?

I think it's just a matter of choice. An upstanding  girl will be delighted to go through the wringer with her boyfriend or husband, insofar as they will be together forever or feel the bonds of love; if not, she will just abandon her boyfriend and jump into a well-heeled guy's arms and become the slave of money and handmaiden of hedonism.

That's not love but a trade between a girl and a rich guy who has more than one house, as we find in many Chinese cities where the idea that  having a mistress is a symbol of wealth and power.  On the other hand,  the girl just trades  her amour-propre for his possessions and the rich guy merely gets another arm candy.

Such relationships won't beget happiness  because most rich guys have other mistresses  holed up in their  ornate flats waiting to be shagged or 宠幸 in Chinese. Sorry for using this tacky word to describe such giddy mistresses. But I'm telling the truth.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 19:09:49 |Display all floors
Run_ Post time: 2014-4-29 18:08
The house represents settling down,also can gives them  the sense of safety ,that what women want. ...

You won't understand this if you are not male.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 19:17:51 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-4-29 14:23
You can't own a house in China anyway, you just rent it for 70 years !

Problem solved !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.