Views: 2533|Replies: 0

Sacha Guitry's quotes [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-27 14:16:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by MisterPanda at 2014-4-27 14:17

Here are some quotes from Sacha Guitry, a very famous modern French theatre author whose wit often got lost in translation. Guitry was a lover of women (he got married 5 times) and probably one of the first advocates of women's rights in France. Yet his works are tainted with - hilarious - mysoginistic quotes. These quotes have to be understood in all their irony : in his plays, it is always the men that cheat, never the women.

"I would have no problem admitting women are superior to men if that could dissuade them from thinking they are our equals"

"One must lie to women, it feels like getting a refund"

"It is wrong to think women can't keep a secret. They can. They just keep it as a group"

"Never tell a woman all the misery women before her caused you, it might give her ideas"

"A woman will, usually, only leave a man for another man while a man will, usually, only leave a woman because of her"

"If you want your wife to listen to what you say, say it to another woman"

"There are millions of reasons women dress the way they do and all these reasons are men"

"If you could give a woman everything she desires she would find a way to desire what you can't give her"

"What do we care about his beautiful wife ? Between men we only compliment each other's mistresses"

"My wife and I were happy for 25 years. Then we met"

"Marriage is very much like restaurant. As soon as your plate arrives you start looking at the neighbour's plate"

"Would you be my first wife ?"

"To get married you need a witness. Same is true for an accident or a duel"

"Women are made to be married while men are made to be single"

"The successful man is the man who earns more than his wife can spend. The successful woman is the woman who married such a man"

"Some women believe all men are the same because they behave the same with all men"

"The first guy who got married, well, he didn't know. But the second ? No excuses !"

Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.