Author: sunnylin01

Are Chinese the world's worst tourists?   [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-6-18 11:00:19 |Display all floors
germidor65 Post time: 2013-6-18 10:18
You are kidiing aren't you?

For doing their job! You do know that the price you pay in any restau ...

Well, whether I pay 20% more or tip 20% the result would be the same in the end, no ?

Also, I come from France where we do not tip and I believe our restaurants are doing ok.

I worked as a pizza delivery guy when I was in university, I was working for minimum wage and wasn't expecting a tip for doing what I was paid to do. The truth is the US' system is screwed up and, may I add, unfair (why tip the waiter/ress and not the cook ? Why tip the cook and not the guy who delivered the meat from the slaughterhouse ? Why not tip the guy who slaughtered the cow or the pig ? Why not tip the farmer ?).

Call me small minded, I don't care, I stand for the rights of workers to have a decent salary.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-18 13:49:53 |Display all floors
why tip the waiter/ress and not the cook ? Why tip the cook and not the guy who delivered the meat from the slaughterhouse ? Why not tip the guy who slaughtered the cow or the pig ? Why not tip the farmer
Because they make more thean minimum wage.   Don't get me wrong I also think the system is wrong.  Even tip people who make MW or more, go to a hotel and the guy who helps you with your bag makes MW....but you gatta tip

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-6-18 14:42:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-6-19 09:08
Muhaha Post time: 2013-6-18 13:49
Because they make more thean minimum wage.   Don't get me wrong I also think the system is wrong ...

In some restaurents the waiters share part of the tip with "the kitchen".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-18 16:05:52 |Display all floors
I believe the minimum wage in the States is about $7.25/hr, even in fast food places like McDonalds.
However in most Bars, Diners and Restaurants the wait staff earn maximum $4/hr because of tips, which they need to claim on income tax. They also share the tips with bartenders and the hostess.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-18 22:47:23 |Display all floors
It takes time for Chinese tourists to become civilized. I believe there are reasons behind this. The scarity of resources is among of them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-19 01:28:49 |Display all floors
the smcp is a wasp worshipping site and they hate mainland china. back then they didnt want chinese to arrive in hk and now has no choice cuz they need the money. remember chinese suffer a century of humiliation from western countries so its like payback attitude of "u need me to take a dump in ur back yard kind of thing" rudeness varies from countries. u can fix rudeness over time but u cant fix arrogance which is prevalent from countries looking down on chinese they think they are the best civilized and chinese should be like them cuz chinese r sick men of east asia still. its just simple butthurt from those who are complaining. ive met a lot of chinese tourists in usa and all i can observe is that they buy boatloads of luxury items i cant afford like paying all cash for 4 mercedez and 2million for a house:lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-19 19:21:41 |Display all floors
That's because they steal the money from the PRC and businesses.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.