Author: vincent01

More tolerance for mainland tourists?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-24 10:44:57 |Display all floors
I took a trip to Italy a few years ago from Shanghai. The Chinese lady exiting the aircraft in front of me immediately spat on the floor of the air-gate as soon as she exited the aircraft....I thought I would not have to tolerate that having left China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 11:14:15 |Display all floors
My unerstanding, as a father of 3, and dog owner, is that such situation arrises, one should try to solve out of the public eye! I blame the parents here for not chosing a less "open" area to help their daughter. True that sometimes kids, like pets, cannot control their necesseties as most adults do, but it's also true that responsible parenting is needed. As for the people "harasing" the couple, well, maybe they went just a bit too far. Aas it can be seen, at least the mother was holding a tissue or diaper and indeed the floor was not messed!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 11:43:37 |Display all floors

While mainland tourists are spending big money in Hong Kong that helps prop up the local economy, people in this commercial town display intolerance and discrimination toward their compatriots.  Why is Hong Kong intolerant?

Very poor and nonsense initial remark you did here
Spending money as a consumer or customer at any place it doesn´t mean the person need special treatment about this kind of lack of civil manners.

About the video, I can understand children, elders and pregnant people could be tolerated in this kind of emergencies but why the parents didn´t put the diaper to the little girl to avoid the shame of them and China?

Anyway, sadly this is not about intolerance towards Chinese mainlanders, its about lack of manners of Chinese mainlanders in Hong Kong and in any country of the world where there are Chinese visitors, sadly they have the same label of the products Made in China, that´s a fact, it doesn´t mean all Chinese travelers behave in the same way but sadly most of mainlanders wherever they go can´t be ignored because their louder talking, easy to be spotted, that makes to the non mainlanders feels angry. I was in Hong Kong hotel for long staying and several times I complained to the reception desk to aware the mainlanders visitors to respect the hotel facilities enviroment to not talking louder.

This its about education, prevention and respect to the place they are visiting.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 12:21:42 |Display all floors
Harassing the parents and terrorize the little girl is a more uncivilized behavior.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 13:20:31 |Display all floors
aria1117 Post time: 2014-4-24 12:21
Harassing the parents and terrorize the little girl is a more uncivilized behavior.

Wrong

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 13:21:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by TheMakerzBiz at 2014-4-24 13:22

If you have a child who is too young to hold it, then you should always have the child wear a diaper. Having lived in the Mainland, I can attest that public urination/defecation are common. One time a baby pissed all over my shoes on the subway, and the mother didn't even apologize to me!  I was angry with the uncivilized, barbaric mom, not the baby. The baby is a baby, but the mom should have a better education and not behave like a peasant (her clothes were not those of a peasant, and I have zero tolerance for someone with 1 Wan of clothing and 0 Wan of education).

Every time I have been to HK I have seen misbehaved Mainlanders. Are all Mainlanders misbehaved? Nope, but a lot are. The visa requirements should include a simple exam, much like a drivers license, about proper behavior. When I got my first China visa I had to sign off that I understood the rules of the PRC. This is fair.

Spending money doesn't make you a king. Get over yourselves, if the treatment is so bad then stop buying things in HK -- shampoo, soap, pharmaceuticals, baby formulas, etc. The Mainland is a big market, and all these goods are stocked in the stores.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 13:25:26 |Display all floors
aria1117 Post time: 2014-4-24 12:21

Yes you are right but the parents also need a "parenting" lesson here because they're in a public space!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.