Author: gracelee

Am I too conservative ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-5-19 00:43:51 |Display all floors

Do what you like, just don't judge others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-19 07:57:07 |Display all floors

To Dear Flying

What you mean you didn't know I am this kind good girl before ?
I was always good girl......

I never said I wanna marry to a westerner....
I said westerners treat their wives better than asian men do for their wives.......except Chinese men( I am not kidding ).....

I have no plan to marry......
In my country, if woman around 30's lives by herself as a single
people start to talk like  " what's wrong with her ? "
In China probably similar.....

In America that's nobody's business.....I think this is the best part of
America......Hahahahah

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-19 08:25:48 |Display all floors

To Dear Sweetestpeas

Thank you for telling your personal story.....
Very interesting !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-19 16:25:55 |Display all floors

Sorry to Grace

Embarrassed for my English skills! I just mean I didn't get you as such "traditional" girl --- based on my understanding about you. But, I never regard you as a "not good" girl. Forgive me, please!

As for the marriage pressure to somebody who would have been married --- just like what you said,  I think it mostly come from yourself or your family , especially parents. So that's common all over the world, I think : )

As the matter of fact in China, more and more young lady who received good education and got high pay, choose to live independently and singly, though around their 30s. I think that's the promotion of the society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-19 23:08:37 |Display all floors

Hi Flying !

You don't need to apologize for your english skill.
Your english skill is much better than mine.
Conversational side of my english is pretty good, but writing is not easy for me........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-20 01:55:20 |Display all floors

suit measures to local conditions

In my opinion, they should not to be lumped together,we must analyse the respective situation and circumstance. There are many differences in customs and manners in different cultures, what is considered natural in one country is sometimes considered rude in another. In other words, for the situation you have mentioned, sometimes you should be careful and sometimes you shouldn’t. For example, in China, tattoo is regarded as a vice and most of guy who have tattoo on their body are spalpeen or rascal. But for aboriginal in some country, tattoo perhaps is traditional custom that can show respect to their ancestors. Another example, males wearing necklaces or bracelets is considered vulgar in China, but some southern minority in China have the habit of wearing ornaments. By seeing Hollywood movies and watching AmericanTV shows, I think the phenomenon you talked about is very normal in America, you need not worry about it. But if you live your life in china, maybe they are some problem, you’d better take care. In a word, suit measures to local conditions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-27 10:40:59 |Display all floors

To sdcoolboy

What you said is very true....
Thanks

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.