Author: voice_cd

Are you optimistic about China’s growth?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-17 09:12:30 |Display all floors
What is the true difference of GDP growth at 8% or 7%?
I don't think it is the bottom line of life or death!
If GDP growth is 10% and environment is like hell, I'd rather choose live in a pristine mountain valley with blue sky and clean air and green forest and  GDP 0.
One thing that's truly hard to eradicate is the idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-17 09:28:13 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-4-16 23:43
Forget about stimulus.

China's GDP is now totally reliant on government spending that is sending th ...

whether 7% or 5%, probably nothing big happens this year or next year.

life will go on as usual. Some becomes successful, some fails.

No big property crisis, no big bank failures.

Investments will still take place.

world stock market, including Malaysia has been incredibly resilient suggesting investors have ignore it...............China company continue to invest in Malaysia property. This morning another China company announced a $ 1 billion investment in Johor landbank.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2014-4-17 11:25:51 |Display all floors
Realistic domestic situation, such as employment,  requires moderate investment. And at the same time, China's infrastructure construction still has room to improve, so the conditional stimulate growth in given region and location is necessary and unavoidable, say, central and west of China.

Low growth rate but in a steady pace in current situation, for the quality and sustainable goal, is a must be.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-17 11:26:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-17 11:48:44 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-4-17 11:26
I am not as confident as you.

The timing of problems is hard to pick because governments can stal ...

Mr. Duck

You just SHUFFLE the DECK.
That's all.
China's capital market is STILL IMMATURE!
BIG banking lending has SYSTEMIC RISKS involved, explains low valuation of China's big 4 banks now!

ha ha ha

cheerios!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-17 12:55:36 |Display all floors
one country's grows speed must be according its really conditions

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-17 14:38:20 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-4-16 14:19
I think you are oversimplifing the subject.

The base growth is not the be all and end all of this,  ...

I would back up whaat futsanglung said. The massive growth came from the prodcution of low cost products. But now that China is on it's feet, I would say that it's prouction is changing. As it starts to move towards a financial service sector modelled on America or the UK, such growth rates can not be kept up.

Money isn't just generated also, it moves from one place to another. As China gets richer Other countries get poorer, China is only richer by taking money from other countries. (Note: this is simple economics, All countries get richer by making profit from other countries)

As the other countries get poorer they will not be able to buy as much of China's produce, ergo it makes sense that the rapid growth seen in the past will steadily decline. China's economy is doing what many economies do upon rapid expansion. It is just the way it is. It's going through a massive boom cycle, but as products increase in price, it will be ousted by cheaper alternatives reducing the growth of the country. I the future, many many years from now, China will yet again experience a decrease in their economy. The money will then move to other countries who will then become the next great economic power. We have seen this throughout history, this boom bust trend. It's how capitalism works and like it or not, China is a capitalist country now. It's all about the bottom line now.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.