Author: leblanc

Why do Chinese girls look at their own boobs when you look at them? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-5-20 12:48:05 |Display all floors

Heehhehhaa!

Lol. Maybe you turn her on? (or maybe she is cold). Either way, you should put your arm around her, or offer her your jacket, and ask her if she wants to go somewhere warmer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-22 03:20:41 |Display all floors

LMAO... An interesting topic!

I've never noitced this before, and I find it is wierd and funny. : )

Well, I'm a girl myself, but i never look at my boobs when guys stare at me, though. I personally do NOT like it when people stare at me, and many of my girl friends don't either. When guys stare at girls, It's either because of the girl's beauty or the girl might be wierd. If girls do not think they are that pretty to attract your attention, they will probably start thinking if there's something weird of them. And some girls think boobs are what interest guys, that might be the reason why they think guys are only staring at their boobs.

Well, it's just my guess, I'm only 17 and ain't that experienced, but I hope that helps to answer your question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-3 06:35:10 |Display all floors

Eyes on the prize

In some cases they may be checking to see wheter they've gotten any bigger lately.

Those who feel their breasts are too small may wish to consider the fact that small breasts are more sensitive because the nerve endings are not as engulfed in fat.  Don't worry, there are plenty of men who understand that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-5 22:35:41 |Display all floors

They just look down, their eyes are not focusing on anything perticular.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-18 10:05:20 |Display all floors

Reply: Why do Chinese girls look at their own boobs when you look at them?

I think Aloss4words's reply is the most relevant one so far, their reaction is just natural body language, but the reason is deeply rooted in Chinese culture.

I once read a book on body language, which says women will close the collar when they feel sexually unsafe. You can often see such scenes in Chinese TV or movies, for example when a guy is staring at the cleavage of a woman or is making some sexual advances, the woman probably will close her collar. The reaction to pull down her clothes is to make sure the back or other body part is not exposed. All these imply she feels sexually unsafe. You mentioned a girl would look at her boob when you stared at her, in China it is a bit rude to stare at people (I think it is the same everywhere.), though it is not formally written in books, people just sense it and follow this etiquette. They do not consider whether you stare at them because of their beauty or weirdness(except some very confident or beautiful people, who are used to this and know this is a kind of praise or admiration.), they just feel uncomfortable. They do it simply to avoid eye contact with stranger, just as one said because they are shy or self-conscious.

In ancient China, to be exact, only forty years ago Chinese women would wear tight corsage to make their beasts not look so big, this is because of oppression of sex, especially for women, in Chinese culture, they are supposed to do so, so as not to give man too many thoughts or you say “turn them on”. According to traditional Chinese values or rules, women are not supposed to enjoy sexual pleasure. When a woman is raped by man, it is she, not the man to blame, even if she is the victim. This culture has ruled Chinese people, especially women for thousands of years. Only in recent 10 or 20 years, people have come to or are allowed (by ideology) to embrace the idea that full breasts are sexy and an advantage, not a shameful thing.

Considering the cultural factor, no wonder their reaction is different from western girls.

By the way you said you are a Chinese, I think you are of Chinese origin, but not raised on Chinese soil.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-18 11:36:28 |Display all floors

dreamrider

You said
'in China it is a bit rude to stare at people (I think it is the same everywhere.), though it is not formally written in books, people just sense it and follow this etiquette. '
So why do people stare me all the time.
Is it considered rude to stare at Chinese but foreigners are fair game?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-18 11:45:08 |Display all floors

Dreamrider is correct

I find that often girls are clutching their clothes or hunching their back...and I haven't ogled them! They feel uneasy and subconciously cover up. Of course certain girls get a real sashay going and arch their back, swing their hips etc...usually they are older women who have some confidence.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.