Author: Rearwindow

Five reasons why Americans will never understand China's growth [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-15 16:12:29 |Display all floors
I agree that the low household consumption, high savings ratio is a key to understanding the ability of China to  fund mainly government controlled fixed investment. However you refer to this as a general Asian trend. Whether we look at big economies like Japan or smaller ones like Vietnam, the household consumption ratio is significantly higher than in China. Isn't this more of a phenomenon specifically in China?
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-4-16 11:57:32 |Display all floors
Only the well indoctrinated stooges of the U.S. think giving money to the rich is going to benefit the working people.
A lot of them are still waiting 30 years on.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-16 12:03:02 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-16 11:57
Only the well indoctrinated stooges of the U.S. think giving money to the rich is going to benefit t ...

As usual a stock reply that bears little or no relevance to the rest of the thread

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-16 13:12:11 |Display all floors
Always forecasting doom and gloom yet always wanting in on the Chinese marketplace. Methinks there's an underhand connection here. It's bad enough with big international brands producing stuff cheaply utilising underpaid Chinese workers in poor conditions and then selling their wares at western prices. I just fear the day that the greedy western banking and legal industries get a big enough footing here.
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-16 13:22:16 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-4-16 13:12
Always forecasting doom and gloom yet always wanting in on the Chinese marketplace. Methinks there's ...

I am sure a minimum wage law could be instituted by local authorities. Multinationals could pay or leave.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-16 23:18:05 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-16 11:57
Only the well indoctrinated stooges of the U.S. think giving money to the rich is going to benefit t ...

Hi, this is Fedfax, what can I do for you?   What? You are looking for a package sent by one of the Chinese shopkeepers who has an online shop on Taobao.com?  May I have your name? Robertcon? Okay, wait a sec. Hi, robertcon, I have run down the list for you and found  that your package has already been sent. What? You fancy finding out what's inside? Oh, it's your intelligence, according to the label. Don't panic, we Fedfax can be trusted; you will receive your intelligence on time, robertcon.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-17 08:20:52 |Display all floors
TheMakerzBiz Post time: 2014-4-16 13:22
I am sure a minimum wage law could be instituted by local authorities. Multinationals could pay or ...

Actually the major cities in China do have minimum wages set

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.