Author: lt1322min

Chinese food that will make western friends gag   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-14 14:13:20 |Display all floors
The Chinese like to make full use of the food they’re provided with and it means eating anything that can be edible. However, each culture eats food that would be considered weird by others. Sure, this may be taking it to a whole new level of weird but despite what it is, some of it does actually taste good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-14 14:40:27 |Display all floors
Many of those are quite delicious, apart from the various feet..

However, you missed out on the fried insects: Yunnan style (small caterpillars etc but I have no photo) or grasshoppers, silkworms, and other 'delicacies' ranging from spiders to lizards....

food-04.jpg
food-03.jpg
food-02.jpg
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 17:07:59 |Display all floors
Most of my Chinese friends wouldn't eat the fried insects. Yes, I did a survey once. They considered that a "I dare you" type of food to entrap foreign tourists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 23:45:26 |Display all floors
I have learned to like every item listed here. I prefer it over the western foods I was raised on. The only Chinese dish I don't care for is congee. My weight has dropped along with my blood pressure, Cholesterol. I quit taking medicines for it.  Westerners tend to taste with their minds.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-16 01:47:21 |Display all floors
some dishes here are not for the faint of heart even accordin to my standards but then again i'm a bigchickin myself   
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-16 15:52:07 |Display all floors
while chinese are moving away from eating dog,africans are embracing the habit.dogs don't roam the streets in many african countries without their owners.is common to see dog palors now and before is ready to eat,it's all been ordered.to me is crazy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-16 15:57:13 |Display all floors
while chinese eat dog because they believe it profits internal body heat and does  shields the body from cold,africans eat dog with the notion that it protects them from evil spirit and also boast their immune system therefore guaranteeing them a longer life.just can't find that in any science book.can some one help?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.