Author: buddy1

Dehumanization of black children in US   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-4-9 06:14:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-4-9 08:40
Ted180 Post time: 2014-4-8 22:16
I do not find KIyer to be against the American people themselves. Like me, he is critical of some  ...
Like me, he is critical of some American government policies and socio-economic shortcomings. His criticism is more severe because his original country (India) suffered under British colonialism - and it is quite natural to see parallels with that in the predominant (at this time) Anglo-Saxon culture of the US.

Ted, I believe your heart is in the right place and I agree with half of your statements above. I am however still amazed at why you and others try to find an explanation, rationale or justification that is personal about me, for the views i hold. It does not and should not matter at all. Just take my views or opinions in the context of the topic under discussion. No, my criticism of the USAnian policies is NOT specially severe because of the history of past colonisation by Anglos. It is based on what I see NOW. I can be considered just as 'severe' in my opinions about India or Australia or any issue.
I see no need to characterise or target the person posting if one does not agree with them (unless they do it first). Why is there such a compulsion for others/you to try and explain  MY motives and reasons? Why not ask me directly and I will tell them, if you want, on a personal thread. You surely would not like me to put words in your mouth or motives in your mind and speak for you?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-9 07:02:01 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-9 06:14
Ted, I believe your heart is in the right place and I agree with half of your statements above. I  ...
It is based on what I see NOW.

And that is exactly the same problem that african americans have.   When they see what may fit the stereotype, than the immediate reaction is 'this person could hurt me, steal my car, break into my home'.

When you look at americans, you do the same stereotyping.  You generalize across an entire population based upon what you see.

But here's the thing....no one notices the african-american star-trek type-geek.  But the guy with a hoodie and sagging pants....well that one *fits*.

We see what we want to see.  If we want to see evil, that is what we see.

Just human nature.  What you look for you will find.  Its one of the hardest biases to rid yourself of.

And you shouldn't think of americans and automatically think they are white.  Demographics have changed dramatically and will continue in that trend.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-4-9 08:41:15 |Display all floors
Obsidian Post time: 2014-4-7 19:55
robert is correct: the reason Africans are doing the worst in the world is because of their genes  ...

Speak for yourself.
I never said any of the crap you just posted.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-9 08:43:35 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-9 08:41
Speak for yourself.

Which is why you would make a poor resident of China: you fit much better in the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-9 09:09:16 |Display all floors
Obsidian Post time: 2014-4-8 16:43
Which is why you would make a poor resident of China: you fit much better in the West.

You sound like a ghost of seneca. He pretends to have been to China too.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-4-9 09:10:37 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-9 10:41
Speak for yourself.

obsidian smells familiar...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-9 09:13:45 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-8 17:10
obsidian smells familiar...

Yes. Here only to stir up trouble. Sounds an awful lot like seneca.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.