Author: buddy1

Dehumanization of black children in US   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-8 18:07:50 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-8 15:35
i cannot figure out how you can 'see' that I am hater of the US... just because i hold an opinion  ...

If you are not a hater, why do you use the word 'usanian'?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 20:09:33 |Display all floors
Obsidian Post time: 2014-4-7 22:55
robert is correct: the reason Africans are doing the worst in the world is because of their genes  ...

I agree with KIyer that you have misinterpreted what Robert has said. While I find less agreement with him than KIyer, Robert is not a racist!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 20:16:38 |Display all floors
mark069 Post time: 2014-4-8 03:08
A quick perusal of your postings makes it obvious that you are anti-US - perhaps the word "hater"  ...

I do not find KIyer to be against the American people themselves. Like me, he is critical of some American government policies and socio-economic shortcomings. His criticism is more severe because his original country (India) suffered under British colonialism - and it is quite natural to see parallels with that in the predominant (at this time) Anglo-Saxon culture of the US.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 23:08:10 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-4-8 20:16
I do not find KIyer to be against the American people themselves. Like me, he is critical of some  ...

He doesn't like american people.  He uses the term 'usanian'.  That shows right there his hostility towards americans.

I've seen it in many of his posts.  He generalizes a lot about the american people and has the misconception that we are all ignorant, arrogant, <fill in the blank here>

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-9 01:34:40 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-4-8 20:16
I do not find KIyer to be against the American people themselves. Like me, he is critical of some  ...

Mark is correct that he is doing the same thing he accuses americans of.

He stereotypes white americans as always having bad intentions.  Its similar to the old white lady who grabs her purse close if she sees a black man walking towards her in the street.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-9 02:38:08 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-7 07:27
IMO this is largely because of the difference in tolerance or leeway given to a person of colour (no ...

The issue is two-fold.

Pretty much every ethnic group carries a bad stereotype of american blacks.  Just talk with cestmoi.  

So the problem is with their image and people's perceptions.  Very similar to how you like to categorize americans.  Its hard to get those attitudes to change when there is a history of reason's why you feel this way.

The second part of the problem is something I talked about in the thread about black racism.

So there are people on this board who reject democracy only on the basis they think its 'western'.  Same is going on in the black community where they reject certain things like an education, middle class career paths, talking properly even as something that is considered 'white'.  So they will shoot themselves in the foot.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-9 04:33:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.