Author: buddy1

Dehumanization of black children in US   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-8 12:52:37 |Display all floors
Obsidian Post time: 2014-4-8 11:55
robert is correct: the reason Africans are doing the worst in the world is because of their genes  ...

Tiresoms

You are getting tiresome and offensive,Trans.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 14:31:17 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-7 17:23
it took centuries to put a semi-black person in the position of a figurehead with no real powers.  ...

Somehow I thought you were American but now I see your actually a hater of the US.

I think you are confusing bias against black children with what I would call "economic discrimination" - bias and discrimination against those not wealthy enough to reap the rewards of education.  Yes, poverty is a problem in the US that disproportionately affects blacks although numerically caucasians still make up the majority of those in poverty in the US.

But poverty among disenfranchised minorities is a world wide phenomenon that is certainly NOT unique to the US and percentagewise, MUCH less of a problem in the US than in China, Pakistan, India or any African nation.

Regarding justice in the US. you use the Trayvon Martin case as am example of bias against black children.  Well, the jury trial system in the US certainly has it's flaws.  Look at the OJ Simpson trial as a good example of this.  Simpson was clearly guilty of murder but a "jury of his peers" let him go free.  Simpson denied killing Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman during the trial but could not resist describing how he did it in a book he wrote later when he knew he could no longer be tried for that crime anymore.  His defense shrewdly identified a single racist cop involved in the case and managed to convince the jury that the entire LAPD had conspired against OJ.  Too often emotions and not logic and evidence can sway a jury toward a verdict in jury trials.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-4-8 15:35:36 |Display all floors
mark069 Post time: 2014-4-8 16:31
Somehow I thought you were American but now I see your actually a hater of the US.

I think you ar ...

i cannot figure out how you can 'see' that I am hater of the US... just because i hold an opinion that you dont agree with! Consider the possibility that a person may not hate the USA to point out truths that many USAnians themselves cannot or do not want to acknowledge. Now that you have made a personal statement about me, I can safely do that. You seem to belong to the category mentioned.
well, this is often typical of people that do not want to let facts stand in the way and feel it their duty to personally attack the poster, if their views go against what you like to hear or believe. It is your leaders and people like you who have led the USA down the path it has found itself in.. my sympathies!
i dont know anything about you nor care to know you personally.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 16:08:08 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-7 23:35
i cannot figure out how you can 'see' that I am hater of the US... just because i hold an opinion  ...

A quick perusal of your postings makes it obvious that you are anti-US - perhaps the word "hater" is too strong.

Oh, and this was not meant to be an attack on you - just a simple statement of fact to help put your postings in context.  

I am very interested in factual information but as a scientist I set the bar pretty high for something to be called a fact.  Any statement made on a web based message board must at least be accompanied by legitimate references before I would consider elevating an opinion to the title of "a fact" and you have provided nothing in this regard.

I find it interesting how you are focussing on my quick one sentence assessment of you rather than the other 95% of my posting which disputes all of your assertions. You seem to be projecting the exact same attitude that you are accusing Americans of displaying.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 16:43:15 |Display all floors
Great article.  This is a serious problem in the United States, but sadly is not seen as a problem by some.  Search for the writings of Michelle Alexander who has been a leader in criticizing the American Prison Industrial Complex.
Almost every day, there are articles in the American media detailing abuse of children by out of control school administrations.  But, wait and look, most of these children are white!  And their treatment is also terrible, but notice that statistically, they are abused less often.  Yet the American media usually does not report on what happens to black children.  There is a long way to go in addressing this problem, but it begins with awareness.  Thanks Buddy1 for your post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 17:51:19 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-8 08:55
What I wrote requires at least 4th grade math. That's why you're having problems with it.

I know, the years I wasted at university, yet they still gave me two degrees, and I wasn't even obscenely rich then.

This is the bit I can't get to add up;
the top 1% have enjoyed a boost in real wealth of 250%
The 80-99% have modest gains of 20-50% over that same time period and
the lower 80% have actually lost real worth in the past 33 years.

You obviously got a higher level degree than me (Masters, PhD?), perhaps you can elucidate?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-4-8 17:56:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-4-8 20:01
mark069 Post time: 2014-4-8 18:08
A quick perusal of your postings makes it obvious that you are anti-US - perhaps the word "hater"  ...
Oh, and this was not meant to be an attack on you - just a simple statement of fact to help put your postings in context.  

so is your 'statement of fact' upto your own proclaimed standards for facts as a scientist?
You're surely joking... You cannot make a one sentence assessment of someone you dont even know anything about, or even someone you know for a lifetime. If the first thing anyone does in response to a post is put out a one sentence  negative personal assessment would I try to work out the percentage of that statement as 5% among the total number of words written? no!! That would not be scientifically acceptable way of judging a response. Being an engineer myself, I shudder to think of your scientific contributions, if the approach you have demonstrated is the one you use professionally, unless you are a 'political' scientist and not an honest one at that. Never mind.. move on. I dont think I can meaningfully debate with your 'scientific' approach. wish you well...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.