Views: 5189|Replies: 7

Why hasn't narrative about Flight MH370 included this [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-5 23:15:42 |Display all floors
Why hasn't narrative about Flight MH370 included this information about the CRASH POSITION INDICATOR being present or not in use on the Boeing 777-200ER MAS?

Crash position indicator
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The crash position indicator (CPI) is a radio beacon designed to be ejected from an aircraft when it crashes. This helps ensure it survives the crash and any post-crash fires or sinking, allowing it to broadcast a homing signal to search and rescue aircraft.
CPI's became a requirement on some military aircraft and were often combined with flight data recorders. Today the beacon functions are normally fulfilled by the emergency locator transmitter system. The term "crash position indicator" no longer refers to the specific device, but any locator beacon. The CPI is ranked No. 48 in the list of the 50 Greatest Canadian Inventions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_position_indicator

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a132329.pdf

20. ABSTRACT (Continue on reverse side If necessary and Identify by block number)
- "7All U.S. military and air carrier aircraft are required to have on board Crash Position
Indicator/Crash Survivable Flight Data Recorder/Crash Survivable Cockpit Voice
Recorder (CPI/CSFDR/CSCVR) systems. All air carrier aircraft use nonejectable
CPI/CSFDR/CSCVR systems. U.S. and Canadian military aircraft use both ejectable and
nonejectable CPI/CSFDR/CSCVR systems. Ejectable systems are used on Navy, Marine
Corps, and Coast Guard aircraft, primarily because of their overwater mission. Ejectable
systems are more complex than nonejectable systems. The reliability, maintainability, and-,>
DD IJ,73 1473 EDITION OF I NOV 65 IS OBSOLETE SECRIY CASIUNCLASSIFIED SECURITY CLASSIFICATION OF THIS PAGE (When Data Entered)

CRASH POSITION INDICATOR
GENERAL
The AN/URT-26 Crash Position Indicator (CPI), is an aircraft installed
radio beacon which operates at the international distress frequency of 243
MHz. The radio beacon and battery power source are encapsulated in a
polyurethane airfoil which is ejected from the aircraft upon actuation of
one of five frangil::lle (breakable) switches, a hydrostatic switch, or the
DEPLOY switch on the CPI control panel.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-6 08:56:09 |Display all floors
You realize this CPI makes it faster to find the " black box" signal that apparently was found in this story.  30 days is thought to be sufficient with the use of CPI systems.

Pulse signal discovered in ocean
Updated: 2014-04-05 19:06

(Xinhua)
                Print                Mail                Large Medium  Small       
PERTH, Australia - Haixun 01, a Chinese patrol ship searching for missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, detected a pulse signal with a frequency of 37.5kHz per second - the same as those emitted by the plane’s flight recorders -in the southern Indian Ocean Saturday.
A black box detector deployed by the Haixun 01 picked up the signal at around 25 degrees south latitude and 101 degrees east longtitude.
37.5 kHz per second is currently the international standard frequency for the underwater locator beacon on a plane's "black box".
Chinese military expert Yin Zhuo told CCTV there's a 'high possibility' that the signal detected by Haixun 01 is from the passenger jet that vanished on March 8 with 239 passengers on board.
Wu Renbaio, vice president of the Civil Aviation University of China, also said the possibility is high and the main task for the multinational team is to pinpoint the exact location of the pulse and to confirm with Boeing that it is from their jet.
And Xinmin Evening News said the Chinese patrol ship "basically confirmed" the pulse signal is from the plane.
A Ministry of Transport spokesperson said China needs to work with Australia and other countries involved in the search for MH370 to confirm the source of the signal, and this may be a complicated process.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 08:32:04 |Display all floors
I don't believe MH370 had a CPI but if it did it would have been of immense help.  Also, after the French crash off of Brazil (where the flight data recorder stopped pinging before they could recover it two years later) there was a new requirement for flight data and voice cockpit data recorders to have bigger batteries so that the signal would be broadcast for 90 days and not 30 days.  MH370 did not have this technology either.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 14:23:51 |Display all floors
More to break your heart...........

Chinese ship did not locate black box.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 18:23:53 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-4-8 14:23
More to break your heart...........

I keep hoping but on the side I know it's worse than the French airline disaster because all they have is the 37.5khz signal to go on (searching in the zone), keep up the determination.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 19:09:03 |Display all floors
broken_heart Post time: 2014-4-8 18:23
I keep hoping but on the side I know it's worse than the French airline disaster because all they  ...

Keep up the determination.......

What you mean by that?

You think the commies  really care?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 19:57:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by broken_heart at 2014-4-8 20:00
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-4-8 19:09
Keep up the determination.......

Try to Internationtioalize the issues as if China could use this "search" to find where they need to improve their capabilities and as you know the origin of the problems are not "Chinese" they are Malaysian, Boeing, the MAS and Boeing connection is only coming through the Chinese media and other media outlets,  in sea air disaster the find is the rvelation but the answer as to WHY might not be around the corner.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.