Author: PPsally

Tea scammers try to cheat tourist, get arrested   [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-4 11:19:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by MisterPanda at 2014-4-4 11:21
longzhou Post time: 2014-4-4 07:35
Mention a country where this doesn't happen. Be my guest!

Scams happen in every country, that's for sure. However the specific tea or art house scam I have only seen in China and I travelled to 30+ countries.

When I am in a foreign country I will often get scammed by the taxi drivers who will take the long route but nothing near the level of sophistication of the tea scam in China.
However, unlike seneca, I find solace in the fact that the police did something about it. This is a good sign.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-4 12:26:03 |Display all floors
I agree that people who are stupid enough to fall for this deserve to lose their money, I also agree that all countries have some kind of scam going on, especially in tourist areas and train stations. I have heard dozens of stories from all over the world and many times people have tried things like this with me. I usually waste as much of their time as possible until they realise it won't work on me and go away.
The sad thing is it causes mistrust amongst tourists and perhaps stops us talking to locals in certain areas like Tiananmen square.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-4 14:29:52 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2014-4-4 11:06
The arch-apologist has arrived .... to play down a scam that has been plaguing Shanghai and Beijin ...

Hold your horses! Right after my answer to Seneca, I did write another post has been lost in the CD verification space.

As I said in that post, I detest those scammers in Nanjing road as much as you do! And I have frequently alerted the police about it, specailly when we are around the area with customers or friends! Unlike you and Seneca, I don't think that alll Chinese are scammers! Now you can go back to your duties dumbo!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-4 14:34:24 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-4-4 11:19
Scams happen in every country, that's for sure. However the specific tea or art house scam I have o ...

Seneca is a troll! Nothing he says has to be taken at face value........he is a failed novelist!

P.S.: I have travelled extensensively too and there's literally nowhere around the world where scammers appear in tourist attractions and when I mean nowhere I mean NOWHERE.....including The Vatican! Ever heard of the "give me xxxx Euros and I take to on tour of the Pope's private quarters?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-4 14:49:47 |Display all floors
SimaYi Post time: 2014-4-3 23:38
obviously another lies created to belittle China~

Obviously another fool that has not been to Chinese tourist traps, it happens every day and to Chinese tourists as well as Laowai

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-4 14:51:08 |Display all floors
SimaYi Post time: 2014-4-3 23:58
the lie is the story...
who lied is the author...
the truth is no such thing happen in China...

That is odd, a story just like this was printed in China Daily last month.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-4 14:51:53 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2014-4-4 04:21
Its not a Lie....It happens everyday in Shanghai .....to tourist both foreign and Chinese.....

Th ...

So you have been to Chang Huang Miao as well then?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.