Views: 7277|Replies: 36

What to expect of NK [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-1 10:24:54 |Display all floors
Recently I thought about NK and about Kim Yong-Un and I thought that he seems to be smarter than he looks.
He was kind of ruthless in establishing his power base. But he needs to be. He has to deal with people who stayed in charge for quite a long time and I wouldn't be surprised that they wanted to use him as a puppet.

Of course nobody likes to be the puppet. Everybody wants to be the puppeteer.

I think that the provocations NK committed not too long ago were a result of these old people.

But what now? That little guy was seeking contact to westerners (although unimportant ones) and I think he hoped that Dennis Rodman could do some promotion for NK. Of course Rodman is not the right person but Kim is still young.

Somehow I believe he will open NK more and more but also knows that he cannot do it fast. Otherwise his people would run away to South Korea and China where the living standards are much higher. So he does it slowly - step by step.

I already heard that a lot of human ressources agencies and other companies view NK as a promising place for cheap labour. Afterall China is not such a place anymore and several corporations are looking for alternativrs. Ok, there are already Vietnam and Thailand. So NK will be another one.

So I think that we will see NK's borders open up more and more in the future and that this country will remain a dictatorship for quite a long time. At least Kim is not as unpredictable as old Ghaddafi was (drugs are bad ).  

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-4-2 10:28:17 |Display all floors
North Korea is the glimmer of hope all working people in the world need.
They just don't know it yet.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-2 10:47:17 |Display all floors
I already know of several companies who will invest there due to cheap labour and lax environmental regulations. So in the long run it might be a second China.

Ok, corruption helps as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 01:58:51 |Display all floors
North Koreans are smart which is why the thieves in the U.S. is having a hard time turning North Korea into a mess like what the U.S. did in the Middle East.
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 09:59:51 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-2 10:28
North Korea is the glimmer of hope all working people in the world need.
They just don't know it yet ...

Move there
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 10:01:51 |Display all floors
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2014-4-3 01:58
North Koreans are smart which is why the thieves in the U.S. is having a hard time turning North Kor ...

Have you done any reaserch, or is this an uninformed shallow comment?
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 21:35:30 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-4-3 09:59
Move there

I have offered Robert free first class one way tickets twice. No takers!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.