Author: abramicus

Malaysia and UK Resort to Hocus Pocus to Coverup the Whereabouts of Passengers.   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-26 01:48:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2014-3-26 02:05
abramicus Post time: 2014-3-25 22:59
You have not answered my first question, really, have you?  How could a plane fueled to fly 5 hrs  ...

I answered it. It's a legal requirement that any commercial jet flying over water and internationally must carry 2 hours of additional fuel on top of the fuel anticipated for the actual flight.

This is a non negotiable part of aircraft safety so therefore it had to carry at least 7 hours 50 minutes worth of fuel based on a 5 hour 53 minute trip. The south west indian ocean has considerable winds travelling in a West to East direction and this will play a factor in determining the maxium potential range the aircraft could fly in a South Westerly direction. Wind velocity increases dramatically at latitudes of 35°S and further south.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-26 01:58:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2014-3-26 06:39
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-26 00:35
because they are all dead.

They don't actually. Once the so called black boxes aka flight data and cockpit voice recorders are found things will become clearer such as the exact flight and altitude plot, but the voice recorder only records 2 hours of cockpit audio so it is not going to shed any light on what prompted the course diversion in the first place.

The Guardian (UK) has quite a long piece about how Inmarsat homed in on the southern ocean, though the mathematics hasn't been released. If you can't access the guardian let me know I will post it here.

source regarding Inmarsat: http://www.theguardian.com/world ... arsat-aaib-analysis
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 02:46:55 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-3-26 01:58
They don't actually. Once the black boxes are found somethings will become clearer such as the exa ...

what don't? They are all dead.

As certain as the Sun rises each morning.

as if black box not found..................two pilots will be condemned because commercial interests must come first?

I am certain MAS, Boeing and Rolls Royce all have  good idea what happened without need for crazy pilots and crazy passengers.

They should come clean.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 02:51:51 |Display all floors
What a happy monkey, being surrounded by "banana republics" like Malaysia, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines and India. The mokey will never starv.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 02:55:08 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-3-25 19:20
Australia doesn't have any secret military bases, that blows that theory apart!

Even Pine Gap whi ...

Uhh, how would you know if Australia had any secret military bases if they were secret?
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 03:03:16 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-25 23:43
It is closure without closure.

No we don't know that there was "some sort of failure\ malfunction\ fire" albeit that I think it is the most likely explaination. We haven't got a black box and I very much doubt if we will get one considering the location and depth of water coupled with the battery life of the transponder coupled with the strength of the tides.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 03:04:22 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2014-3-26 00:31
Why declare MH370 down in the ocean before any definitive evidence found ?
Why can't they wait until ...

Because they under pressure from the relatives and the media.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.