Author: DSseeing

Do we need God to be moral?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-28 08:33:51 |Display all floors
Our you sure it was god who may of touched you ? The human body is amazing when giving feelings of inlightment , so as you think or believe someone or something has touch you in a mystical way.
When science can not explain the excistance of a god . Then he must be a delusion of man.
Religion s are a powerful force on this planet . Man has used this force to kill millions . Dating back to the Crusades and the recent fighting all over the Middle East , including the 100 year war that still goes on . Do you think 911 in the USA was an act of god ? Or religious believe s oh I for got the USA calls these believers in there God , terrorist , Even thou it is the same god of the USA god. Hey which god is the right god. The Muslim God or the western catholic god ? You see my friend there can only be one delusion . If this delusion did excistance people would not be killing each other. From the time of the first man .
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-29 05:59:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-27 23:41
Well, that's fairly hackneyed stuff, isn't it? It's rhetorical questions. I don't need to questi ...

No doubt bad people show up on both sides, but to say an atheist has less morals may be going a bit far. We as non believers of faiths prefer not to obey laws made up from a fictional entity. We do respect others, and do have morals, more so than you suspect or wish to admit. If particulars like Mrs Byrom and others as this Japanese man get you upset, I can comfort you by agreeing that not everything is perfect in this world. Mistakes are made, but to a lesser extent by means of a fair trial. When we talk WAR, millions of innocent people suffer and or die. Unprovoked terrorist acts kill thousands of innocent victims. So, if people are so religious and with good morals, why is it that in their religion they are allowed to kill?
I'm not saying that having a belief in a God is bad, but why be a hypocrite and bend your beliefs to fit your particular way of life. So lets stop the BS about who has and who doesn't have morals. If people wish to not follow the law while making up their own, as needed, punish them, put them away where they can't do harm to others. As far as trust, I personally don't put much trust in anyone but myself. Whether the others are of religious beliefs or not, I would expect a very small percentage of people that could be under any circumstances, be trusted. We as humans would like to think we're the best and brightest thing on the planet when in fact WE ARE JUST ANOTHER ANIMAL like the rest, but worse!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-29 12:50:46 |Display all floors
Those two comment I think is too definitely. I do believe having the faith in God help people become moral comparing those don't. It's like u have a own standard in ur heart, knowing what should do or not. But that's also the moral one get more cruel when they commit crimes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-29 17:50:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-29 12:19
I am not saying that atheists a priori have no morals; atheists question the morals of religious p ...

I agree overall, people in general are in survival mode, and rightfully so in some cases. Given the atmosphere in the world as it is, which can be cruel and unsympathetic, people still have to make ends meet. For most, the odds of achievement are stacked against them. The thought of an easy route to success is as tempting as the apple in the tree of knowledge, Adam and Eve. The point, evil is embedded in all of us, yet only a handful are strong enough to stay the path of their moral obligations. Although these moral obligations are part of religious beliefs, they are not limited to the individuals practicing their beliefs. The facts are, we don't live in as perfect a world as some would like. Myself, when in contact with evil, will turn and walk away. For others, yes, they will follow the easy path to success and  probably reach their goals ahead of schedule at the cost of anyone's expense. Religions have been the beacon to follow for those willing to suffer from the evil in the world, but we cannot limit it as being the only beacon of hope.  Religions have rules, laws to obey. Governments, made up of people of all beliefs have rules or laws also. Prisons and or fines are set up to isolate people who wish to break these laws. Yet, with all these laws in place, we still have a group of degenerates that will eat from the tree of knowledge. Perhaps, the sentencing or punishments are not as fitting the crime as one would like?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.