Author: DSseeing

Do we need God to be moral?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-3-26 18:25:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-25 06:55
I disagree.

The concept of "god" is the concept of a higher being than mere animals which might ...

""It will be remembered that the emperors of the Huaxia in the Shang and Zhou periods had the absolute power to sacrifice human beings to ward off the devastating floods.""
You never miss a chance to degrade China do you.
Human sacrifice has taken place in all continents throughout history little one.
It's taking place today in the middle east as Jews and Arabs are sacrificing each other in the name
of their petty little religions.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 19:36:26 |Display all floors
God and religions has been with us for a very very long time. It is through religions that we discipline ourselves. It is through religions that we differentiate rights and wrongs. Do not discard God or question his morality. He will be there in your time of need. Never be an atheist.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-3-26 22:06:30 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2014-3-26 15:07
No god is needed, but stricter laws and harsher penalties may do the trick... A God never stopped an ...

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-3-27 02:21:20 |Display all floors
idorun Post time: 2014-3-25 20:23
A delusion created by man and society ,  God

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-27 05:29:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-26 21:43
Hello SDI,

today some people might think that we do not need "gods" or other spiritual concepts ...

If by some chance the actual 10 commandments were made by GOD, and I have my doubts, why have religious beliefs been the cause of so many deaths. Did God tell the church to kill? I think not. Did God start the Inquisitions that tortured so many during the Middle ages? I think not. Maybe God said it was okay to collect indulgences, you know, pay your way to heaven while having your sins forgiven. I could go on with IN GOD WE TRUST, but the greenback is not as valuable as God would like.
My point is is that God has been nowhere to be found when you want him, so his existence is indeed questionable to say the least. So lets say by chance there is a God, and he made the rules. WHY HAVE ALL THESE ATROCITIES GONE ON THROUGHOUT HISTORY WITHOUT ANY PUNISHMENT BY GOD? Simply put, he doesn't exist, and the thought of starting a religion is just a scheme by which has become a popular moneymaker with those who wish to sell their views. That being said, believing in individuals who have been brainwashed since their birth into believing there is a God is not my choice. Religious fanaticism has no place on this earth. Those who push their beliefs on others should, unless there is more concrete evidence that there is a god, keep it to themselves. I may go on in saying that for those of you who say they are talking to god, and I see them walking the streets, may indeed need some sort of help.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-27 06:33:08 |Display all floors
No. To some degree I agree with the famous: "'Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."  
But I've grown more inclined to put a bigger part of the blame on government, or other social structures. Religion is very useful tool for doing bad things, but it is far from the only tool in the toolbox.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-27 09:45:09 |Display all floors
The Peking man is older than the delusion of God .
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.