Author: english-learner

10 Surprising Facts on China’s Consumption   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-23 00:13:49 |Display all floors
8. China consumes about half the world’s pork.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-23 00:14:06 |Display all floors
9.  China accounts for 43 percent of sales in world’s instant noodle market.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-23 00:14:24 |Display all floors
10. China also holds the title of the world’s biggest energy-related CO2 emitter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-23 00:14:38 |Display all floors
With the fast growth of China’s economy, more and more Chinese people hope to elevate their living standards, which mean Chinese will consume more goods worldwide. Therefore some consider this as a threat to the rest of the world. What do you think about that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-23 01:00:27 |Display all floors
There's good and bad in this. Take cars which I am surprised you did not mention - it is a market China leads the world in by sales volume. Yet if car ownership per head in China WERE to rise to the level in USA, all the gas (petrol) in the world would not be enough to run them. Something would have to change - eco cars. On luxury goods - that market will grow, but I agree with Seneca that that is no problem - good news for mainly foreign brands!
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-23 02:45:27 |Display all floors
Statistics nver lie......those who use statistics normally do. The fact that China consumes so much so much (energy, goods, etc.) means nothing per se. What we need to do is use statisitcs to compare. Here is how: China has almost 20% of the total world's population (W 7 billion / C 1.3 billion). Land area is also a factor to consider.China has 9.7 million square Kms and ranks 3rd just behind Russia and Antartica. Considering that Antartica has no population (out of the scientists living on the bases!), China is the 2nd biggest country by land area.
All this considered (economy, demography and geography) then we can conclude that it is only normal that China consumes so much (2nd biggets economy, most populated country and 2nd largest by land area).
To learn more amazing facts like these ones and more I recommend everyone to check Dubbner & Levitt's series "Freakonomics".

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-3-23 20:13:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-22 14:21
Actually what I have always been wondering is:

Since China is the MOST POPULOUS NATION, why isn't ...

China is the most progressive.
The Chinese government is the most advanced in the world.
It's better not to start wars throughout the world, as the leaders of the western world do,
than to brag about "peace workers".
Chinese students outscore the rest of the world in aptitude tests while western education
consists of a thorough indoctrination aimed at producing docile slaves for the capitalist master/slave paradigm.
If you knew anything about the real world you'd know this.
As it is, you're just another victim of western indoctrination.. or education as you like to call it.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.