Author: lt1322min

The worst airline meals   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-20 04:48:12 |Display all floors
126286792_13951929433121n.jpg

Jetstar Airways: omelet

It's like something is wriggling on your plate...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-20 04:51:25 |Display all floors
126286792_13951929437001n.jpg

Lufthansa: cucumber and cheese sandwich

Whole-wheat bread with some sticky mess and a rubber cheese… Come on...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-20 04:53:17 |Display all floors
126286792_13951929438281n.jpg

All Nippon Airways

Look at the brown liquid. A bean get lost in the mud?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-20 04:54:48 |Display all floors
126286792_13951929440491n.jpg

AirAsia: noodles in a hot cup

School lunch would be way better..

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-3-20 18:52:32 |Display all floors
Always take some candy bars and a large bag of peanut M&Ms on any long flight.
Trail mix if you're a health nut.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-20 19:34:04 |Display all floors
Those are positively delicious looking compared to some of the horrors I've had in various locations.

Amongst my all time favourites:

Toast from Bombay (Mumbai) that was gray in colour and had the chewiness of concrete, it was so hard it chipped one of my PA's teeth. (Air India, domestic)

Scrambled sludge from New Dehli. I've never seen scrambled eggs with a death pallor before, or since. The taste resembled salty sewage with lumpy bits. (QANTAS)

God knows what meat. Central Africa. I still have nightmares about this one. Awful wasn't even in the vocabulary. Think about chewing old sweaty shoes, make it 100 times worse and you'll be getting close.

Incinerated vegetables with crap sauce.  Another one that still makes me vomit. Crispy black vegies with a lovely carbonised smell, similar texture to burnt toast (the black bits), with a sauce made of vomit and cow excrement. Truly a taste sensation you only want once in life.

Beef Surprise. Aer Lingus. Memorable as to this day I still am wondering who or what managed to destroy a lump of alleged scotch fillet steak. It was so rubbery you could have used it as a tennis ball and it has all the flavour of sweaty socks.  The delicate sauce was I'm sure made from baby vomit and farts.  Truly awful.

Pan Am: Fish.  Truly insipid, over cooked by a decade, had that lovely rubbery flavour that only raw whale blubber can match. As for the sauce, the less said about that the better.  The trolley dollies were horrific as well, but not as bad as on Continental where they all seem to be about 90 in the shade.

As for the best.

Kobe Beef on QANTAS in the early 70s (707), was magnificent, only available to first class pax.

Ham, cheese and tomato rolls, Canadian Pacific. Best airline food I've ever had on a short haul flight. The coffee and orange juice was also great.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-20 19:48:43 |Display all floors
It does depend which class of service you are travelling in!  In USA domestic food in economy long gone on many routes. People happy. Buy snacks in airport before boarding. I have found Emirates and Virgin Atlantic do a pretty good job in economy - given the constraints. Also good airlines also give you chance to order special meals in advance (health reasons) which can improve what you get.
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.