Author: robbie_xie

they couldn't care less   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-6 00:43:50 |Display all floors
Fischkopp Post time: 2014-3-5 23:44
@Robbie
Ok, if China is doing the same as the West then why won't you write about e.g. the world? Bu ...

let me get this straight. is my focused effort on bashing the west making you uneasy? that's odd cause I thought the game was to point at each other and you said, to quote, 'I love that people always point at others and highlight their problems and mistakes'. now it seems to me not only do you have limited insight, but lack credibility as well. do you mean what you say? cause if you don't, we fail to have a ground for reasonable discussion. and to be frank, I don't handle implications or innuendos very well, after all it's not my mother tongue, but I'll try my best.

hey, there's nothing I said that can be possibly construed as implying a comparison between the scope of your insight and mine. your inference is all wrong, I'm afraid. all I stated and that can be inferred is I think YOU have a limited insight on both china and the west.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 00:44:29 |Display all floors
robbie_xie Post time: 2014-3-6 00:19
no, they didn't force the chinese to accept the polluting industries. but they knew it's polluting ...

The Chinese accepted the industries with open arms so they could pad their wallets.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 01:02:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robbie_xie at 2014-3-6 01:03
grb Post time: 2014-3-6 00:44
The Chinese accepted the industries with open arms so they could pad their wallets.

so did the west: they tranferred the industries with the utmost willingness so that they could rid of heavy pollution and get cheaper goods.

and I think you are changing the subject.

what comes out of the trade has nothing to do with whether there has been imposition.

we used to think making the pursuit of wealth a life-time goal was wrong, but not anymore cause poverty doesn't give morality its due. once again we learn from the best.

youn sound like the chinese shouldn't pursue wealth it's the prerogative of the west.

if that's the case, you are not making it easier for me to like you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 01:06:25 |Display all floors
robbie_xie Post time: 2014-3-6 01:02
so did the west: they tranferred the industries with the utmost willingness so that they could rid  ...

I never said that Chinese should not pursue wealth.  Remember, To be rich is glorious.

And I really do not care if you like me or not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 02:24:26 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-3-6 01:06
I never said that Chinese should not pursue wealth.  Remember, To be rich is glorious.

And I real ...

fair enough. I wasn't about to like you, anyway.

but I insist on giving you the credit you deserve (I know you don't give a damn). you at leat argue in a sensible way, questioning others position with additional relevant evidence without resorting to attacking their personalities or demanding replies to questions to which an answer has already been given explicitly.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-6 03:50:40 |Display all floors
robbie_xie Post time: 2014-3-5 22:04
I should have explained before about the concept of the western world. I don't think Poland is par ...

What does Germany has to do with the genocide of native americans ?
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 04:37:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-5 06:50
I am astonished that you give the Chineswe the right to exterminate native cultures in the Here an ...

What exactly did I say that makes you draw the conclusion that I give the chinese right to exterminate native culture. for the sake of discretion, I've perused my post again and again, and I've failed to find any information which I present that either states or implies with absolute certainty what you deduced. so care to substantiate your claim and throw the joke at me?

I did not say the US completely annihilated the native american race, instead, I emphasized that they have been slaughtered to such a level that they can be well regarded as almost non-existent? which part of that do you not understand?

and you disregard the evidence from my personal experience which proves that the tibetans as well as their lifestyle are well preserved and thriving.

and here is another fact that discredits your wanton claim about the scarcity of the tibetan population. up til 2010, in Tibet autonomous region, there live 2,716,389 teibetans; in Sichuan 1,400,000; Qinghai 1,380,000, and Gansu 340,000, Yunnan 130,000. the fact that the numbers of population in provinces outside Tibet autonomous region are less specific is because the mixture of various ethnics in these provinces adds to the difficulty of accurately determining the population of Tibetans. and the proportion of tibetans in the whole population of Tibet autonomous region has always remained above 90%. huge span of space in both Tibet and Qinghai is virtually unoccupied due to the hostile natural environment, otherwise the population of the tibetans would have been much higher.

you, of course, will question the truth of either my personal account or the statistics. that's fair because it's my job to present the facts I know and yours to verify their truth. there's nothing else I can do but to have faith in your willingness to research and integrity to respect hard facts.

"... whereas you condemn the West for having killed off Indians in the Americas centuries ago"
in your statement above, you seem to imply that if the mass killing happens a long time ago, it's pointless and even to a degree annoying to keeping bringing it up. if that is indeed what you imply there, by application of that principle, you will probably agree that 200 years from now the Jews should not keep throwing at us the heinous crimes the Nazi has committed against them because it was a long time ago and it's annoying they just won't let go. and that will in turn lead to an attrition of the human memory of the wicked deeds and eventually to utter obliteration of such crimes. similarly, you will also feel unbelievable if in 200 hundred years the chinese and koreans still get outraged by the Japanese blatant denial of the atrocities it has committed against the 2 peoples, and you will be well irritated not by the  flagrant denial of crimes and contemptuous refusal to repent on the japanese part, but by the vociferous and never-ending condemnation on the korean and chinese part.

I'm not sure of your racial identity, but if by any chance you are a Jew, Chinese, Korean, Armenian, or any other peoples that have suffered from the demoniac acts of mankind, and if you did imply the above thoughts regardless of whether you admit or deny it, you should be nothing but ashamed.

I doubt if you ever read through my post. but even if you did, that will be rendered irrelvant by the fact that you can't even get things right in a partial context. so assuming you are a native speaker of English, either I am lousy at expressing my opinions, or you didn't even read with care only a small part of my post.

and then you thew your beef at me.

this time out of politeness, I'll kick it back to you, as a gesture of hello.

but if you continue to display your inability to communicate effectively, you leave me no options but to ignore you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.