Author: robbie_xie

they couldn't care less   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-5 06:55:58 |Display all floors

Xi's idea of happiness for the Natives  is more buildings, more developments and more pollution.

The Uighers idea of happiness is more mosques, more Autonomy and less pollution, less migrations. ................

Xi and the Overlords couldn't care less.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 22:04:17 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-3-4 18:35
Once again, by West a poster means USA.

Poland is in the West, what did they have to do with the sl ...

I should have explained before about the concept of the western world. I don't think Poland is part of it. by western world, I mean the united states, the western europe, canada, and australia. your understanding is pretty close to what I mean anyway.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 23:21:08 |Display all floors
Fischkopp Post time: 2014-3-4 19:41
@robbie_xie
And what is the difference from China (apart from the lack of votes)?

I don't think China is in nature any different from the western world in politics. that's one of the things that never change throughout human history --- fill up the people's stomach and empty their mind, and then everybody's happy.

unlike you, I don't enjoy people pointing fingers and accusing one another. but somehow its been made impossible not to do that cause it's part of survival now. maybe it's just human nature, and if that's the only way to force one another to take a step back and look inside ourselves, only to find we each are no holier than th other, it's worth doing. I'm adapting to this new rule of the game and learning to enjoy it like you do. after all I've learned from the best. hope spring's eternal.

the west world always blames others for its own problems.

when their unemployment rate goes up, it's because the chinese cheap laborers steal their jobs;

when their have trade deficit, it's because the chinese are manipulating currency value;

when they are attacked by angry people, it's because the angry people are extremely evil;

and when they drop bombs in villages with innocent people, it's because there might be bad people hidden in there and it's okay to trade others' lives for their own security;

and the western world does share part, if not all, of the responsibility of contaminating the world. they transfer the industries that will produce heavy pollutions to developing countries like china, and they buy the chinese goods in large quantity at a much cheaper price to maintain their life quality. one just can't be the initiator of somemthing in hopes of only getting benefited yet away from its bad consequences. the day when you stop buying 'made in china' is the day when the chinese shut up.

the chinese are always open with their shortcomings. they are not always confident, but they are gaining it. they don't mind being a developing country since it's reminder that there're always things to learn, to try, and to do.

as is displayed in your post, your understanding of both china and the western world is somwhat limited to a degree of almost utter ignorance. don't feel bad, you are not blame, I guess there's just no means available to you to acquire reliable information on both worlds. if you like, I'd be happy to recommend some sources for you to check out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 23:35:12 |Display all floors
robbie_xie Post time: 2014-3-5 23:21
I don't think China is in nature any different from the western world in politics. that's one of t ...

"and the western world does share part, if not all, of the responsibility of contaminating the world. they transfer the industries that will produce heavy pollutions to developing countries like china, and they buy the chinese goods in large quantity at a much cheaper price to maintain their life quality. one just can't be the initiator of somemthing in hopes of only getting benefited yet away from its bad consequences. the day when you stop buying 'made in china' is the day when the chinese shut up."

Did the west twist the arms of the Chinese and make them accept these so called polluting companies?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 23:44:31 |Display all floors
@Robbie
Ok, if China is doing the same as the West then why won't you write about e.g. the world? But you only name the Western World.

You claim that I have a rather limited insight. Ok, I do not know. That comes with being limited. The question is what makes you think that you are not as limited as I am or even more so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 00:08:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robbie_xie at 2014-3-6 00:45
grb Post time: 2014-3-4 19:46
"students protested against vietnam war, and yet 4 of them got shot in Ohio 5.18 1970. I bet few U ...

thank you for clearing up my doubts, if what you say is the fact. and based on the fact of that premise, I applaud the US education. but whether the record of the killings of its own people and other peoples(hope that's in the textbook too) will achieve its educational goal is another thing to be noted.

I was born in 1980's and I know about the incidence and killing. the chinese historybook has it covered, not in very much detail, though. you wouldn't infer the killing from the words cause it only says there was a riot. those who said they knew nothing were either sleeping their history class or lying.

If I may weigh in a little bit more, there were distinct disparities among the requests of different groups: most college students calling for democary and fundamental reform of political systems, whereas the common people demanding more severe measures on cracking down corruptions. and I don't know the proportion of each social group on the square that day, but one thing I am sure is the chinese society was obviously torn on the path this country should take, another fact is there were many western spies blending in the group in hopes of getting something out it, but I'm not sure what it was.

and I think the leader of the time, Deng Xiaoping, was extrememly tactless in the way he handled the situation, maybe because his fright of the unexpected event depleted his composure. he could have simply disarmed the students and put them in jail for some time till they calm down instead of killing them in such cruelty. I condemn him for this andn feel sorry for those who lost their lives.

since this tragedy, I think both the chinese government and the people have been trying to figure out a more sensible way to reach compromises without having to plunge the country into further separation and greater hatred. some people have never stopped attacking such an effort and that's fine by me. I don't attempt to speak for other people in this country. some of them suffered deeply, and I don't ever think I can even begin to understand how they feel. it couldn't be more natural if they hate the government.

by an chance if what I state counts, we will never forget and we will have to move on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 00:19:48 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-3-5 23:35
"and the western world does share part, if not all, of the responsibility of contaminating the wor ...

no, they didn't force the chinese to accept the polluting industries. but they knew it's polluting and will someday come around in circle, they could have stopped transference in then first place. the chinese did not force them to tranfer the industries anyway.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.