Author: voice_cd

Describe China's changes in your eyes     [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-3-5 15:44:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2014-3-5 15:49
AndrewPKU Post time: 2014-3-4 05:54
What????

I don't think China ever had a Soviet style.   China hired the Soviets on several occasi ...

hehehee..
Are you in charge of project mangement, or building project?
I used to say, oh this building is Soviet Style built from 1960~1970s, that building is Chinese style, that building is modern (international) style.
We used to say China was running planned economy called by Soveit style. Now we are going into market economy.
In the past, the village management was called by Gongse, which learned from the Soviet.
Our political system had also learned.....Now, the village management (election, one person one vote) was learned from U.S.A.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-5 20:25:54 |Display all floors
Tell you in May, when I return from China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 23:39:14 |Display all floors
Only time will tell.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 00:28:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 04:09:31 |Display all floors
AndrewPKU Post time: 2014-3-6 00:28
Perhaps I misunderstood…I thought a country and culture were made up by the traditions, beliefs,  ...

Anyone can become a elected official in the USA, not just a small group of "party members".
++++++++++++
Thanks for your reply.

Anyone, whether party member or not, can become the elected "official" in China's village management.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 04:17:55 |Display all floors
AndrewPKU Post time: 2014-3-6 00:28
Perhaps I misunderstood…I thought a country and culture were made up by the traditions, beliefs,  ...

I thought a country and culture were made up by the traditions, beliefs, and behaviors of the people.
++++++++++++++++
hehee...This post is talking about the changes.
Traditions changed not much.
Maybe China is goning from farmland dominated culture into industry dominated culture.
Beliefs? politics? Lei Feng is disapearing. What would the society like after we realize the communist dream. hahaha...In the past, some said we could eat meat as much as we want. We could eat bread as much as we want. Now, many people wandering.
behavior? We used to wear blue and black clothes in my childhood. Now .... etc..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 17:14:19 |Display all floors
I don't know about any changes, I'v just begun exploring China and it's culture recently. that's why I've joined this site. I really love reading the news articles and from what I can see, China seems to have high integrity and high hopes for ALL CHINA'S CITIZENS to live happy, joyful, abundant lives....in peace. I believe China to be a peaceful people, who seem to actually CARE about their citizens. we don't feel that here in America. we feel totally helpless as to the actions of those with the power to do whatever they wish. they're too strong, too many weapons, too much hidden knowledge about all kinds of things I'm sure. and they don't give a crap about us citizens. they really do have there own agenda of which WE THE PEOPLE do not share.  that's the mentality here in America. -<
in accord with the Tao : )

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.