Author: voice_cd

Describe China's changes in your eyes     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-2 16:50:44 |Display all floors
china has changed a lot. unfortunately, most of it is for the worst. yes the train system is good and the economy is getting better, but that means nothing.
the people have gotten worse. from what i see (been here for 9 years) there is less respect for people. this is from normal folks to the governments actions. get money quickly. build a road as fast as possible. but there is less safety or regard for others. if your on the road, tough get out of the way. a farmer that sold his land to developers is coming in his BMW he has money so he is more important. people are more angry. just look at the news; doctors being attacked, 28 dead in kunming, attacks in beijing and taishan (i think) why? people are being pushed to it. the last straw on the camels back. then there are the controls on the people. bags being searched when entering a subway, the internet being severely censored. take down pictures of the kunming attacks, might help catch the attackers if they show the pictures. corruption is possibly the worst on the planet. im not talking about government leaders high up. from city level down are the worst ones. the pollution is worse everyday, but no-one thinks of restricting cars, just build more roads or knock down more houses to make more roads. lets clean up the air, "restrict cars on certain days!" but only in beijing. dont worry about the rest of the country. 80% of the pollution in my city is simply down to demolition. where tens of thousands of people have been displaced. i wish i could say im exaggerating on these numbers. the university education system is non-existent, doctors going on strike because 1 doctor refuses to give unnecessary treatments...

president Xi is trying his best. but there is only so much 1 person can do in 10 years. it will take hundreds of years for china to become developed. my interpretation of "developed" is a civilised nation that respects others. (where parents take the kids into the toilet to pee, not in the bin outside the toilet in a shopping mall)

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2014-3-2 20:14:23 |Display all floors
thedrunkingpig Post time: 2014-3-2 16:50
china has changed a lot. unfortunately, most of it is for the worst. yes the train system is good an ...

Yes. There are many problems. But I think we should focus on the progress that is being made. It might take many years for China to become developed. I think President Xi can get a lot done though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-3 01:03:53 |Display all floors
Yes. There are many problems. But I think we should focus on the progress that is being made. It might take many years for China to become developed. I think President Xi can get a lot done though.

the problems arent old ones. most of these problems have just appeared. you live in zhengzhou, you are bound to have seen the amount of demolition, the pollution and the corruption. just look at all the problems that Target has had lately.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-3 21:58:51 |Display all floors
I think this is a good, interesting as well as a positive topic.
I think indeed, China is changing in recent years since the envionment is becoming terrible especially from last year.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-3-4 02:40:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2014-3-4 02:41

Our society is changing from the former Soviet Union style to U.S. style.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 05:54:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 18:52:53 |Display all floors
MichaelM Post time: 2014-2-27 10:03
"Everything rises or falls on leadership." With that said, I think the changes that are being brough ...

WE SHOULD BELIEVE PRESIDENT XI AND CHAINA WILL BE BETTER

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.