Author: voice_cd

Describe China's changes in your eyes     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-19 17:26:05 |Display all floors
Eye Wear revolution

There was a place, there was a time when glasses were un-fashionable. To even wear a pair could result in a penalty of Death!
If you had a pair, you would keep them hidden and use them seldom and only in the privacy of your own home.
The place was China; the time was during Mao's peoples revolution.  Mao's generals were peasant farmers who could neither read,nor write.
They feared and persecuted the educated. Glasses were an indication of literacy.
The literate were rounded up and sent to rural farms to be re-educated as farmers.
Those who objected or even questioned this policy were subject to execution..
    That was then, this is now. The reforms and policies put in place during the 1980's has made eye-wear fashionable again.
Dong Shou Ping (spelling?) shall be known as the Greatest Hero in modern history. He recognized that empowering the people
through education and allowing a market economy to function were key to making China a great world power.(again).
The people's education continues to have high priority.
   Now, eye glasses with corrective lenses are common place. It is fashionable to wear glasses with shaded lenses, clear lenses,
and even with no lens at all!! The first time I observed frames with no lenses at all being worn; I starred, I moved to look from different angels.
I confirmed. NO lenses ??!! I was confused..   Now I understand. This is a revolutionary statement.
   I am educated.   I can see.   I am powerful.   My generation will change the world.
Hats with ears shout ..  I can hear.   (to be continued  "I can Think")
Eye-Glasses are a symbol of the changes taking place in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-23 12:24:49 |Display all floors
Any body have comments regarding Change of Fashion? in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-25 19:55:29 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2014-3-18 16:01
YO...I'M A VERY GOOD LOOKING AMERICAN....MAYBE I SHOULD WRITE A BOOK..

YOU ARE,                       AND YOU SHOULD

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-3-26 10:14:26 |Display all floors
remitrom Post time: 2014-3-25 19:55
YOU ARE,                       AND YOU SHOULD

OK...I will.....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 16:14:51 |Display all floors
What has changed in China ---- everything, EXCEPT THE HABITS of its people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-1 18:11:05 |Display all floors
yeahright Post time: 2014-5-1 16:14
What has changed in China ---- everything, EXCEPT THE HABITS of its people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good or Bad habits????
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-4 20:10:10 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-2-28 01:43
Actually, when my 'fresh eyes' veiwed China, it made me notice more problems with the West. It's o ...

Most of the younger generation are under big pressure in downtown time , and the city is getting more and  more crowded ,people are in a rush.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.