Author: DSseeing

Obama plays dumb in Dalai meeting   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-24 17:15:05 |Display all floors
May be Dalai can't live long

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 17:18:59 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-2-24 16:01
If Obama managed to reaffirm that Tibet is part of China then he handled it well.

The proper question is.......what is so autonomous about the Autonomous  Region of Tibet?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 17:52:21 |Display all floors
the monk is just a dog and tool of America to attack China, but the soon-to-die monk thinks Obama loves him......
Obama can take Taiwan, but He will never take Tibet, cuz most people in Tibet live a simple and pure life, and they hate Dalai. Those inocent people won't follow Dalai, cuz they know clearly what Dalai has done.
The monk doesn’t deserve to have religious belief.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 18:08:18 |Display all floors
With respect, I think that in regard to the DL, China is playing dumb by giving this "chap" for more importance than he should have.
How to negate him.....simply ignore him and make out that he is no big deal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 18:40:20 |Display all floors
JennaMars Post time: 2014-2-24 17:52
the monk is just a dog and tool of America to attack China, but the soon-to-die monk thinks Obama lo ...

"they hate dalai".

Have you ever been there? you know most foreigners who get there (sometimes without permit) often share the same stories: tbtan peoples give them dl portraits. (bit they do it very very carefully, due to shameful situation there: 1 cop every 10 meters).

We talk about a "chinese tibet" but why never never never we can read the opinion of a tibetan citizen of China here on CD?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 23:39:12 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2014-2-24 18:40
"they hate dalai".

Have you ever been there? you know most foreigners who get there (sometimes wi ...

I visited Tibet last summer and felt like any other cities in China except different senery and language, acturally they can understand mandrrain. I lived in a Tibetan family and we can communicate without any difficulty. every chinese houshold can watch the Tibetan TV station, and the Tibetan can watch any other TV stations. you know why chinese government sometimes don't permit forgieners to go to tibet? because the purpose of some forgien jornalistors is to take pictures and videos. After they go back to their country, they just make a "provoking" and "anger-trigering" videos to say: see, China has no human right!
When I was in middle school and high school, I have many classmates from Tibet. they came my city to learn manderian and we got along well. we have many documentray telling Tibetan culture, food, history, etc.
I think you westerners know too little. If you interview Chinese people in the street on random and ask them this question: what is your impression about Tibet? they will answer two words: family & afriad.
familly: As a ordinary chinese young people, I can surely tell you that we regard Tibetans as our countrymen and we love their special and mysterious culture.
afriad: because there are still some tibetans are Dalai followers under American control. sometimes they use violence to let out their emotions (But I know foreigners think chinese government use violence to suppress them, it's funny, you think chnese government is that stupid?). so we always think Tibet is not a safe place to go. the feelings are complex.
I believe most Tibetans are good and wise people, and they know which leadership can give them a better life. 50 years ago, Tibet is a very very backward and closed society. now they are doing better and chinese government built railways and road, so they can visit other cities.
well, let's imgine, if Dalai becomes the leader of Tibet and they are independent from China, what will happen to the Tibetans? Do you really think Dalai will be a good leader? Do you think he will develop economy and education? what does him use to lead the people? religious? no! he will ask everything from Obama, everythink. maybe they will drive all Han people away and begin to learn English. they are independent from China and become a state of the superpower US, congratulations!
And tell me why Obama is so enthusiastic to Tibet? Yes, Mr Obama and other western polititians like having speech, those famous speech. And I'm not sure whether is `because English has less vocabularies and expressions than other language, they always say the same thing: world peace! Children! human right! dream!
Do you think Obama loves Tibetans like his own people? How much he knows about them?
He "helps"Tibet just because this can seprate China.
In Africa, his hometown, millions people are in hanger, Mr Obama, please, we can handle our own affairs and do more things to world peace. Do not send troops to other nations, people eat food, not troops!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-25 00:11:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2014-2-25 00:17
abramicus Post time: 2014-2-23 15:52
THE DALAI LAMA MIGHT BE A TROJAN HORSE

China must have been taken aback with the declaration that T ...

Dalai is just another bargaining chip for America every time  when America  wants to  wrench concessions from  China's leaders. I don't really think he will be a threat to China's stability nor he is a trojan horse. I would call him a puppet of America and even India, which is said to have been one of the financial backers of dissidents from Tibet.

Allowing for  India has had rounds of land disputes with China, it's telling that India wants to   cash in on  Dalai's influence in Tibet,  with a view to driving a wedge between Han Chinese and local inhabitants living in Tiet, which is part of China.

Don't blame America, dude. India is the culprit.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.