Author: DSseeing

Obama plays dumb in Dalai meeting   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-2-24 09:34:09 |Display all floors
NOTHING GETS VERIFIED..
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 10:11:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-2-24 10:13
snappysammy Post time: 2014-2-24 09:33
OBAMA DIDN'T PLAY DUMB...HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.....SO HE MUST BE DUMB...

China is too smart and is already responding to the future pronouncements of foreign powers when the Dalai is already in Tibet, ensconced in his throne at the Potala Palace, and griping that China is not giving him "ENOUGH AUTONOMY".  

Then, it becomes a mere matter, for the West, of changing one's words and saying, "Well, since China is still oppressing the Tibetans, we now support Tibet Independence".  The reality of the Dalai being enthroned in Tibet at that time could not be as easily changed.  So, China would be caught in a trap of sorts.

Thus, China's taking the announcement of Obama for granted is its way of refusing to allow that acknowledgement to open the door for the Dalai to create a new following among the younger Tibetans, whom he could later use as his storm troopers to besiege Chinese government offices and police stations, and demand independence in the end.

The Jewish parable of the scorpion hitching a ride on the back of a frog in order to cross a stream tells the whole story.  Knowing that if he stung the frog in midstream, they would both drown, the scorpion did it anyway.  The frog, counting on the scorpion's instinct of self-preservation to avoid doing such a foolish thing, and hoping to befriend the scorpion by saving him from the flood waters, puzzlingly asked the scorpion before he died, "Why did you do it?"  The scorpion wiggled his tail and said, "It is in my nature."

Thus, China has astutely seen that it is in the nature of the Dalai to promise he would not seek Tibetan independence, but for him to do so, once he is on the back of China, like the scorpion on the back of the frog.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 13:24:44 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2014-2-24 09:34
NOTHING GETS VERIFIED..

You mean fact check like in Presidential debates?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 14:13:32 |Display all floors
Obama may be playing dumb in meeting the Dialalama, but he knows the Chinese lot are truly dumb as they come.

Whenever the West needs a leverage, they call on the Monk. And it frustrate them BJ dummies for sure............

Now if the BJ clowns ignore the gay-meets-monk engagement, the 'News' would have soon become no news. It is so simple, but the BJ dim sums get caught every time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 16:01:21 |Display all floors
If Obama managed to reaffirm that Tibet is part of China then he handled it well.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-2-24 16:54:28 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-2-24 16:01
If Obama managed to reaffirm that Tibet is part of China then he handled it well.

you can't do that by having a secret meeting with the Dali Lama.......

I'm afraid Obama is another Jimmy Carter.....I voted for both of them...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-24 17:12:41 |Display all floors
Beijing Clique still ridiculous and shameful. Tibet still under beijing blackout. Beijing confuse money and hapiness.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.