Author: abramicus

Ukraine - A Study of Hollywood Uprisings   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-2-23 01:54:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-21 23:13
Religion? What has religion got to do with the revolts in Kiev? You don't understand ENGLISH!

You are naive if nothing else. The former Soviet Union never was communist.
The Soviets never had a chance at communism because they are all hopelessly addicted to religion
and the worst kind at that, Christianity.
Eastern Ukraine is addicted to the old time Russian Orthodox and western Ukraine has been infested
with Catholicism.
This is at the root of all the fighting, as usual. You can remain stupid with the rest of those who
defend ridiculous western religions.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 04:14:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2014-2-23 04:16
seneca Post time: 2014-2-22 15:13
We can see the black hand of Vladimir Pudding pulling the strings.

The protest was quite and peacefull until winter Olympic was about to start.

Here is from Economist:

An interim government will be formed imminently, with some “babysitting” from the EU (a special envoy is likely to be nominated soon, and more foreign ministers and other bigwigs will be packing their bags for Kiev). America has signalled that it will support emergency IMF intervention.

Are you trying to show your stupiidity?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 04:19:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-2-23 04:21
ztoa789 Post time: 2014-2-23 04:14

Here is from Economis ...

Ukraine would have asked former communist states do they regret joining the West.......all of them told Ukraine they love their new identity.........

Like asking China......do you regret the open door policy?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 04:23:47 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2014-2-23 04:14

Here is from Economis ...

Ukraine would have asked their neighbors did they regret joining the West and all of them told Ukraine they love their new identity

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 04:24:39 |Display all floors
Like asking China, do you regret the Open policy since Deng?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 05:17:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-2-23 05:19

The Ukraine situation is not black and white.  The eastern half of Ukraine feel more secure, economically and politically, being aligned with Russia.  The western half, with the EU.  But the media phenomenon is non-Ukrainian.  It reflects western interests and intervention in Ukraine, by alterning how the world perceives Ukrainian protesters and the Ukrainian government, and very importantly, how Ukrainians perceive both sides, because they eventually will vote with their fists, their feet, or their ballots, while western countries will vote with their aids, loans, and trade incentives.  The protesters cannot overthrow the government without the support of the Ukrainian people - their protest is at best a proposition to do so.  The government cannot remain in power without the support of the Ukrainian people - their forces need resources and reservists which can be withheld by the people through civil disobedience.  How the Ukrainians feel about the protesters (are they really trying to help them live better) and the government (is it really trying to give them a better life), will determine how much support they give to either side.

The parade of photos and protesters is a way to influence the Ukrainian and the international public opinion.  

Put to the test, neither the protesters or the government probably have enough resources to guarantee the security of the livelihoods of the Ukrainian people.  This is where Russia and the EU will have a big contest.  Will Ukraine end up being another Greece, living on the largesse of a larger political bloc in exchange for its political alliance, only to be jettisoned in the end because it could not afford to pay?  Or, will Ukraine retain its independence of both, and end up living within its means, and prospering from trade with both the EU and Russia?  The latter should be the goal of the Ukrainian people.  Siding with either the EU or with Russia is a false choice.  Remaining neutral and non-aligned is a third choice that makes the most sense for a country with such great geopolitical potential.  Avoiding violence in the streets is therefore the patriotic thing to do, while hotheaded clashes, even if it makes for good photo-ops, is actually the unpatriotic thing to do.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-23 05:21:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-2-23 07:21
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-2-22 17:09
there is a qualitative difference between elections and suppression of minority rights....or what  ...

do you recommend the same solution to Malayasia with its different ethnic minorities? you silly man. People need to learn to live united, with their nearest neighbours, else outsiders will exploit them and turn them against each other and keep them weak and enslaved.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.