Author: abramicus

Ukraine - A Study of Hollywood Uprisings   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-22 09:08:50 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-2-22 10:11
I am, indeed, having some doubts about Certainly there are some serious foreign policy mistakes re ...

you are very gracious and honest person, Ted. It is OK. I too have been through many many years of trusting politicians (it used to be give me a reason to distrust them), now it is 'give me a reason to trust them'...
warm regards to you.
how is the winter there this year? colder then usual ?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 13:06:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-2-22 13:21

THE SHIFTING SANDS OF HOLLYWOOD UPRISINGS

Yesterday, USA Today reported 128 protesters killed by the Ukrainian government.  Others echoed, "at least 100 protesters killed".  And now, the Kyiv Post reports at least 42 people killed, mostly by government forces.  Should we now rejoice that of the 128 protesters killed yesterday, 86 of them have been resurrected, if not in real life, at least in the make believe world of the Western media?

How can the world, even the public in the West, believe such "media" news?  As mentioned before, we must credit their cameramen with powerful shots (of photography), and their journalists, with daring leaps (of hyperbole).  If the lies were directed only at the Ukrainian public or the Russians, one can at least excuse such mendacity as part and parcel of war and propaganda.

But when such untruths are trumpeted before their home audiences as facts, something is terribly amiss here.  Are their own countrymen now the targets of their lies, and are they, like the Ukrainian and Russian public, also the enemies of the Fifth Estate?  Maybe so.  How else to mobilize one population to volunteer to fight and grind down another people?  Truths won't do.  Wonderful, irreplaceable, lies will work wonders, turning ordinary farmers into screaming zealots, students into suicide brigades, and even monks and priests into drummer boys leading lethal armies of men against fellow men.

Move over, Truth, Mr. Lie now has the floor, the podium, and the press.  Long live Lie, and may Truth rest in peace!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 14:34:54 |Display all floors
in cases of irreconcilable differences, divorce is a good option.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 15:01:37 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-2-22 14:34
in cases of irreconcilable differences, divorce is a good option.

Whatever the Ukrainian people decide for themselves is what we should all support.  Their upcoming election is the answer.  Peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 15:09:42 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-2-22 15:01
Whatever the Ukrainian people decide for themselves is what we should all support.  Their upcoming ...

there is a qualitative difference between elections and suppression of minority rights....or what we call the tyranny of the majority.

now, what happens if 100% of East Ukraine votes to turn left  and 100% of West Ukraine  votes to turn right. ...and winner takes all.

divorce would be the best solution. ....irrespective where is the majority.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 21:10:12 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-21 20:08
you are very gracious and honest person, Ted. It is OK. I too have been through many many years of ...

Thanks friend. The winter here in Ottawa has been colder than average. I envy you living in Victoria State. An excellent climate - only drawback is forest fires.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 01:21:09 |Display all floors
Someone described Obamas talk with Putin like this:

"...the US cold warriors and their hapless, token clown in the White house decided to ruin the Olympic´s via good old russophobia and conjuring cold war ghosts in their compliant media conglomerates. Then as predicted, in the shadow of the same event, encourage armed neo-Nazis, soccer hooligans, a variety of militant separatists, looters, arsonists and cop-killers, set Ukraine ablaze and force the elected government and a weak oligarch president to resign and people flee for their lives.

Even the Venezuelan front got activated by the elite 1%-ers in the posh suburbs, trying the Ukrainian treatment on them too and now it back to intervention threats with "humanitarian" bloodbath a´la Libya, in Syria.

The primitive idea is obviously to put so much,initially intended to get activated over time, on Mighty Vlad´s desk that at least some of it will stick when Russia starts to deal with it come Monday. That´s why the White house clown thought the time was ripe to call Putin and "discuss at gunpoint". We´ll see about that..."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.