Author: fiorey

Why prostitution cannot be legalized in mainland China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-19 03:01:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-19 00:06
I must admit your "logics" (in plural, no less!) somewhay eludes me.
I do not share your optimism about "good reputation" leading "good girls" to "good jobs". I think reputation has nothing to do with logic, economics or money. It exists of and for itself. Try Cartesianism in another life!

YOU are so wrong about this and fiorey is so right.

IF women in china didn't care about respect, than why aren't girls with higher education and more opportunities 'chose' to go into prostitution?

You just don't see it.

It doesn't matter how much money you can make being a prostitute.

It takes you out of the game of life.  Who will want to marry you?

What about children?  Children can't have a mother who is doing these kinds of things.

So no respect, marriage or children - that is what prostitutes chose to make a quick buck because they just don't care?

Doesn't make sense.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-19 11:04:53 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-19 00:06
I must admit your "logics" (in plural, no less!) somewhay eludes me.
  1. I do not share your optimism about "good reputation" leading "good girls" to "good jobs". I think reputation has nothing to do with logic, economics or money. It exists of and for itself. Try Cartesianism in another life!
Copy code
If good reputation(it involves the social status and encouragement by the government) and easy bucks can't drive people to take the job, I don't know what else can.
  1. Prostitution is a typical female job; the women drawn to it are not necessarily withdrawn from more productive economic activities.
Copy code
I would like to know why "not necessarily". What is the stimulus to people seeking a job then?
  1. It is akin to the U.S. of A. meddling in the domestic affairs of third-world countries:
Copy code
I don't get your point here.
  1. During the 1930s the U.S. of A. suddenly enacted the Prohibition. It banned the drinking, marketing and selling of all kinds of booze.
Copy code
  1. Prostitution is the exact same thing. What you ban will go underground
Copy code
That's true. But I didn't imply having sex should be banned. There are many more ways to resort to other than prostitutes. To name a few, blow-up dolls, palms, or ONS...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-19 17:47:16 |Display all floors
Can we agree that, despite the money, prostitutes (of both genders) generally feel some personal pain from losing some privacy and dignity? And, can we also agree that a certain feeling of indignity leads many to associate with criminals? This would not be a 100% phenomenon - but perhaps 90%. I favor a dual approach of harm-reduction plus more skilled and loving parenting (which would also decrease the customers!)
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-19 17:48:51 |Display all floors
There would be no prostitution in China if all the citizens had the best genes found in nature.  If every Chinese female had an IQ of 200 and the highest conscientiousness, they would all be PhD Professionals.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-19 17:49:07 |Display all floors
Every society and country needs to uphold its culture and way of life and not ape after others. So what even if a few more countries legalize prostitution. As if China has no faith in its own culture. Asians must send a clear message that prostitution can never be condone. The matter here is a clear message and how to apprehend and punish those in the trade. It is not just the prostitutes who are at fault but the perpetrators are more at fault. Trading human is grossly immoral unless Europeans think it is proper they wouldn't legalize prostitution. It makes no difference if a prostitute is trades herself or is traded by others in control, it is still trading human flesh so to speak.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-2-20 00:05:27 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-2-18 18:03
Wait for it JF will be here soon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-20 00:07:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-19 23:31
You missed your appointment with the abattoir. KFC ran out of chicken nuggets because of this! : ...

If everyone in China had an IQ of 200, there would be no KFC in China because they would be too smart to eat at an unhealthy Western fast-food restaurant.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.