Author: fiorey

Why prostitution cannot be legalized in mainland China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-18 20:01:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-18 18:24
Interesting to read the beliefs of a Chinese who has given prostitution some personal thought.

U ...

Therefore, it is not society's job to maintain bans that only make them feel bad. Such bans are counterproductive since the girls then act even more recklessly.
the dignity you were alluding to doesn't matter much. In modern society showing off takes precedence
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
I don't think you got my whole idea.
1. If what you uttered here is true and most of the girls in China don't give a shit over the "dignity" issue, then, very simple, "being prostitutes can potentially become a pretty good job with small effort (probably some pleasure inside) and big outcome" and there must will be "lots of girls, including those with good education and family background, rushing into this industry", which means most of the labor intensive industry female workers and some of the so called white-collar ladies will abandon their current jobs and become prostitutes(You said "In modern society showing off takes precedence"). What the hell the society would be then?
BTW, I wonder if a society elite with seemingly good education like you is willing to become a prostitute to make the "easy bucks", being a girl.  
2. If it's not true and the girls really care about their reputations,  then the "society elites" and many more “good girls” would definitely their back on this humiliating career. Then “a kind of vicious spiral is caused that the more so called bad girls with limited education get involved, the worse the prostitition internal milieu would become” , and gangs would come into being among them, and crimes would appear.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-18 20:24:47 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-18 18:40
I reread parts of your original post. This has me thinking:

In Zurich the hookers must rent rooms from the city in a neighbourhood designated as a brothel.
Freelancers still roam other parts of the city but they can be dealt with by police on the beat
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
That means the governments should take their part in and run the business themselves?
What you allude to is like the government takes over the role of “pimps and protection racketeers ” .

1. If it is so, then there would be SOE(State Owned Enterprise) of prostitution. There would be a specific bureau of State Asset Supervision and Administration Commission monitoring the prostitution business, managing to make the most profit out of the industry, which is the main job of the SASAC to preserve and increase the asset value. Then this industry will be greatly encouraged and "some of the prostitutes are honored the title of Chinese Model Worker(For those who may not know, it’s a kind of supreme honor granted by Chinese government) and the mainstream media call upon everyone to learn from them".
The result still is most of the labor intensive industry female workers and some of the so called white-collar ladies will abandon their current jobs and become prostitutes. What about the economy and the overall society then?

2. If the government doesn't run the business, who would step forward to take care of the girls and keep them free of crimes?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-18 20:29:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-18 18:24
Interesting to read the beliefs of a Chinese who has given prostitution some personal thought.

U ...

Therefore, it is not society's job to maintain bans that only make them feel bad. Such bans are counterproductive since the girls then act even more recklessly.

the dignity you were alluding to doesn't matter much. In modern society showing off takes precedence
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I don't think you got my whole idea.

1. If what you uttered here is true and most of the girls in China don't give a shit over the "dignity" issue, then, very simple, "being prostitutes can potentially become a pretty good job with small effort (probably some pleasure inside) and big outcome" and there must will be "lots of girls, including those with good education and family background, rushing into this industry", which means most of the labor intensive industry female workers and some of the so called white-collar ladies will abandon their current jobs and become prostitutes(You said "In modern society showing off takes precedence"). What the hell the society would be then?

BTW, I wonder if a society elite with seemingly good education like you is willing to become a prostitute to make the "easy bucks", being a girl.  

2. If it's not true and the girls really care about their reputations,  then the "society elites" and many more “good girls” would definitely their back on this humiliating career. Then “a kind of vicious spiral is caused that the more so called bad girls with limited education get involved, the worse the prostitition internal milieu would become” , and gangs would come into being among them, and crimes would appear.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-18 20:42:21 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-18 19:16
You are the only here that cares about 'admirers'.

Glad to know you. I appreciate the way you view things. But,  I'm not a female. Maybe it's my name that confuses you. It's kind of similar to Fiona.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-18 22:32:50 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-18 21:46
Now that you have told us that you are male, would you mind telling us whether you are a CHINESE ...

A little confusing, isn't it? Try to say it in shorter sentences, in sentences without more than one subordinated clause.

You need to come clean on some terms you used here: "Society elites"? What do you mean by that? Are prostitutes "elites"?
——————————————————————————

If it's not true and the girls really care about their reputations,  then the "society elites" and many more “good girls” would definitely turn their back on this humiliating career.————Oops, I dropped "turn" there in the sentence.

Do you know anything about logics? Can you discuss based on logics?

Maybe my sentences are too long.

Here are the short ones:

Scenario A.
Prostitution→ Good job and good reputation→ Good market and good money→ Lots of girls come in→ Intense competition→ Good girls and social elites(like you. I think you will. Because you think it's good) come in→ Many jobs abandoned→ Economy greatly effected

Scenario B.
Prostitution→ Bad job and bad reputation→ Social discrimination→ Good or educated or rich girls not willing to join→ Underprivileged or poor or uneducated bad girls joinBad internal milieu in the prostitution industry→Gangs and crimes

Did I made myself clear to you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-18 22:43:06 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-2-18 05:03
Wait for it JF will be here soon

just dont press her button...she even told me once, realmen dont buy girls  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-19 02:55:06 |Display all floors
fiorey Post time: 2014-2-18 20:42
Glad to know you. I appreciate the way you view things. But,  I'm not a female. Maybe it's my name ...

Sorry!

I think it was that you acknowledged something very important that most of the men on this site just doesn't get - the whole societal values thing.  

As a female, I know we are judged by our sexual activity.  That's okay with me.  But - the point is, that judgement is something every females feels whether anyone says anything to them or not.  And this judgement is probably worse between females competing than given by men.

I don't care what culture you are - its pretty much the same everywhere.  We are talking about degrees of differences, not in kind.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.