Author: Gravitational

When Will China Do Something Interesting?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-12 15:30:16 |Display all floors
probably true if you live A LONG TIME.......

....probably need a rocket scientist to calculate exact number of centuries. ha ha ha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 16:13:22 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-2-11 19:24
like what? Be specific plz.

Why does China have to do something original and interesting?  Not all people can be white people, or need to be.  Creativity and innovation are not an absolute good thing.  Different cultures value different things.  China really likes sitting in the park and watching the river go by for years and years until they die.  This is what is valuable to them and we should respect that.  Stop trying to turn everyone into white people!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-2-12 16:20:05 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-2-12 12:10
that's a joke?

I know, if they could do what I posted, it is something the west was never capable of achieving

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-2-12 19:12:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-2-12 17:56
China "has the cash to buy its...?"

China has NO cash, you amoeba! Chinese have U.S. dollars that ...

Pink, not Red, Robert would prefer everything to be red

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 19:33:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2014-2-12 19:37
Futurama Post time: 2014-2-12 16:13
Why does China have to do something original and interesting?  Not all people can be white people, ...

. I have never said that the Chinese should embrace Western values collectivelly. Some Chinese values like honesty, loyal toward the family and  respect for the elderly should be prized by the Chinese, whereas other negative aspects of Chinese values like  groupthink, herd mentality and  croynism should be frowned upon.

Admittedly , China won't be another America because the two nations have different cultural notions and norms,  like you just pointed it out.  Yet in some ways the Chinese and Americans still have the same pursuit-that is, to have a better life or enhance the quality of their life.

That's why I'm opposed to totalitarism you find in North Korea or parochialism championed by despots like Kim and exponents like Robert, who has been bloviating about North Korean  xxism for years here, according to a friend of mine here.

I know that China and North Korea have  been allies for a long time, but that's no justification for calling on the Chinese to turn China into another North Korea, where poverty, embezzlement and bureaucracy are writ large during straitened times. Chinese companies  have been making a big push into  foreign markets since 90s, and some Chinese companies have already made headway. It would be truly madness for China to close its door on foreign markets again just like Qing did; besides, China can't be a self-sufficient nation anymore due to lack of natural resources and oil and gas reserves.

It would be a throwback to the age of feudalism  or serfdom if China were to take up robert's advice, with another class war shaping up between the haves and have nots; such class antagonism, oddly speaking, can be found in Karl Marx's own books, particularly when it comes to talking about the collapse of capitalism  or  its moral underpinning.

In other words, every time when people like Roberts kibitze and kvell over the merits of xxism you find in North Korea, they are simply gainsaying what Karl Marx's own beliefs.

I think the Chinese have  learned lots of lessons over the centuries, from Western imperialism, Boxer movement,  Japanese invasion ,  civil war, to  Cultural Revolution.  The best way for a nation to defend for itself  is not to be an inward-looking nation like North Korea; instead, to be a nation willing to embrace pluralism, innovative thinking and other foreign good values that are beneficial to  nation-building.

I

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 19:38:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2014-2-12 19:43
Futurama Post time: 2014-2-12 16:13
Why does China have to do something original and interesting?  Not all people can be white people, ...

I have never said that the Chinese should embrace Western values collectivelly. Some Chinese values like honesty, loyalty toward the family and  respect for the elderly should be prized by the Chinese, whereas other negative aspects of Chinese values like  groupthink, herd mentality and  croynism should be frowned upon.

Admittedly , China won't be another America because the two nations have different cultural notions and norms,  like you just pointed it out.  Yet in some ways the Chinese and Americans still have the same pursuit-that is, to have a better life or enhance the quality of their life.

That's why I'm opposed to totalitarism you find in North Korea or parochialism championed by despots like Kim and exponents like Robert, who has been bloviating about North Korean  xxism for years here, according to a friend of mine here.

I know that China and North Korea have been allies for a long time, but that's no justification for calling on the Chinese to turn China into another North Korea, where poverty, embezzlement and bureaucracy are writ large during straitened times. Chinese companies  have been making a big push into  foreign markets since 90s, and some Chinese companies have already made headway. It would be truly madness for China to close its door on foreign markets again just like Qing did; besides, China can't be a self-sufficient nation anymore due to lack of natural resources and oil and gas reserves.

It would be a throwback to the age of feudalism  or serfdom if China were to take up robert's advice, with another class war shaping up between the haves and have nots; such class antagonism, oddly speaking, can be found in Karl Marx's own books, particularly when it comes to talking about the collapse of capitalism  or  its moral underpinning.

In other words, every time when people like Roberts kibitze and kvell over the merits of xxism you find in North Korea, they are simply gainsaying what Karl Marx's own beliefs.

I think the Chinese have  learned lots of lessons over the centuries, from Western imperialism, Boxer movement,  Japanese invasion ,  civil war, to  Cultural Revolution.  The best way for a nation to defend for itself  is not to be an inward-looking nation like North Korea; instead, to be a nation willing to embrace pluralism, innovative thinking and other foreign good values that are beneficial to  nation-building.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 19:44:41 |Display all floors
  I have never said that the Chinese should embrace Western values collectivelly. Some Chinese values like honesty, loyalty toward the family and  respect for the elderly should be prized by the Chinese, whereas other negative aspects of Chinese values like  groupthink, herd mentality and  croynism should be frowned upon.

I know that China and North Korea have been allies for a long time, but that's no justification for calling on the Chinese to turn China into another North Korea, where poverty, embezzlement and bureaucracy are writ large during straitened times. Chinese companies  have been making a big push into  foreign markets since 90s, and some Chinese companies have already made headway. It would be truly madness for China to close its door on foreign markets again just like Qing did; besides, China can't be a self-sufficient nation anymore due to lack of natural resources and oil and gas reserves.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.