Views: 4990|Replies: 7

Woodcutter and his ax [Copy link] 中文

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2014-2-2 10:48:12 |Display all floors
Once Once upon a time,  here was a legend in somewhere in ancient China,  there was a woodman, he was clever and cunning sometimes, and sometimes he was stupid and disgusted by the people who knew him after a period making friends whith him.

One day, the buddy lost his "treasure",  his ax. The ax was woodcutters' hearts in that time, they counted it for make a living. Without an ax, how could the pitiful guy to make a  living, so the woodman was very sad.

"Where did my treasure went to?" The countryman thought, "Maybe it was  the guy who are poorer than me, who stole it, sure! and I will act as a secretive detector to find out who is the perpetrator, and I will retaliate him with my strong point, use my strongest posible words to shame him to death., Because he stole my noble alike life., made my calm life in a total messy status,  I am an old master in my peers, I have to  retake my face."

But who was the thief? This was indeed a thorny question. Due to here was no  evident evidences to prove who the thief was, and here was no friends in the  officialdom to help him eliminating the doubts, he thought the best wayout for the case was acting as an fake "undercover detective", to investigate the case, and caught the thief, make the case knowing to the whole village fellowmen, and at the same time, retake his faces as the gentleman.

With this in mind, he began his investigative and retaliative action, put several public abusing notices at the villiage gate , on the tree trunks at the middle of the village, days in a row.

After one bitter overnight's observation and reasoning ans struggling, he thought it was the criminal action  of his neighbor's son. because according to his knowledge and experiences, the every action and speechs and other related details of his neighbor's son all showing similarity with the characters of a thief----ax stealing thief.  But the regretable thing was the clever woodman couldn't find out his ax as the powerful evidence to prove his logic reasoning.

So, he had no other fresh measures to back to normal lives, apart continue his verbal wild abuse and, continued doubts., at the same time he was also using all kinds of measures to find out the lost ax.

The good news was that  his hard work finally paid off.

Later, a sunny day, the man found the lost ax in the mountain. It's  himself lost the ax in the  valley a few days ago when he turned up the mountain to cut firewood. On till then, he realized that he was wrong doubting his neighboor as thief.

On the homing road after he found the ax that day, the woodman ran into the "imaginative thief"---the son of  his neighboor for so long time, he re-observed him with his same-sophisticated investigative eyes, but here was no any signs that his neighbor like a thief, he thought here had something quite strange in life.

In deed, here is something quite strange, strange enough, even.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Post time 2014-2-2 10:48:27 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Post time 2014-2-2 10:48:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Post time 2014-2-2 11:46:53 |Display all floors
Mr Snowipine dares say, he sometimes has the woodman's character, though he is striving to overcome this, but he still sometime has this bad habit, he admits , really, no hypocrisy and joke.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-2 19:00:30 |Display all floors
The story is profound in certain respects. I think we can all relate to it in some form or another...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 12:34:37 |Display all floors
Ha ha, we are all brothers and sisters of the woodman.
None of us could be so silly as to loose something ourselves, it must have been someone else.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Post time 2014-2-22 14:34:38 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2014-2-22 12:34
Ha ha, we are all brothers and sisters of the woodman.
None of us could be so silly as to loose some ...

"Woodman" is lovable for his patented know-hows.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.