The US has to be punished somehow [Copy link] 中文

montblanc has been deleted
Post time 2004-5-15 17:44:10 |Display all floors

Opposition is "ok" to me

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 00:21:04 |Display all floors

Montblanc

Thank you for your thoughtful response.  I largely disagree with much of your disapproval of the U.S., although I will readily admit that my views are naturally tinted with my own biases.  Even so, you are a gentleman.

Think of the U.S. like a very large ocean vessel.  It takes a long time to change course due to sheer size and mass.  It may be asking too much to expect it to manuever in the same way as a motor boat.

Use magic tools Report

john_galt has been deleted
Post time 2004-5-16 10:24:43 |Display all floors

Collective responsibility

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 10:55:08 |Display all floors

accountability

something john pointed out made me think ...

if tpj is right, and there is no accountability in the united states, then europe and the rest have no basis to demand reparations from the u.s. people.  

as it is, i do believe the u.s. is one of the most accountable systems in the world.  for example, did you know you can find out the political contributions of your neighbors?  

look here: www.opensecrets.org

the "freedom of information act," etc. is great stuff.

by the way, montblanc, i read that french officials were implicated in the pilfering the iraqi oil-for-food program before the current war started.  possibly one reason for france's opposition?

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 11:53:53 |Display all floors

mmm

I love America and so should the Chinese and French.  Without them they'd be speaking Japanese and Russian respectively.

Just look at how the French are crawling to the Chinese and spearheading the drive to allow the EU to sell weapons to China.  It's a disgrace.  As was sending their navy to visit China on the same day as Taiwan's elections... Yes, 'elections', the French siding with a nominally c_ommunist country over a d_emocracy.

Just look at how many votes Le Pen gets; or how many Jews are leaving France due to anti-semitism.  Or how about how the French Navy refused to sail to Britain during the German invasion and instead had to be destroyed in port by the Royal Navy.

Typical snivelling French behaviour.  Gutless and immoral.  

The French should be punished.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 17:35:12 |Display all floors

My own Algerian experience

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 17:53:31 |Display all floors

Special to “ubersuave”

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.