The US has to be punished somehow [Copy link] 中文

montblanc has been deleted
Post time 2004-5-14 03:03:00 |Display all floors

Gon on - Torture this Discussion

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-14 11:03:58 |Display all floors

montblanc:

>>>Reparations not only to the Iraqi victims, but to all damaged parties, including Europeans who suffer from the misuse of “Western Values” during and after the American invasion of Iraq<<<

So, how much money has been paid out by European nations for the damage caused by 400 years of colonialism?  Or maybe you think Leopold II helped "Western Values."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-14 11:10:07 |Display all floors

re: montblanc

man, you really see conspiracy in everything.  i think that, given ltong's previously expressed opinions, that he is definitely NOT in the employment of u.s. intelligence agencies.

i do appreciate, however, what you are trying to talk about.  

i think it is incredulous for european objectors to demand reparations from the u.s.  not so crazy for iraqis to ask for it.  i think that is a possibility, though certainly not a requirement.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-14 20:11:03 |Display all floors

Mont Blanc

It seems as though you are a decent sort, but underneath your polished exterior lies the heart of someone who holds a deep hatred of the U.S., plain and simple.

Personally, I don't see any reason to debate your post because I don't think you are open to another point of view.  If I hated France or Germany (or whichever country you identify most with) as much as you hate the U.S., you wouldn't be interested in my thoughts as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-14 21:18:35 |Display all floors

To Mont Blanc...

I can only see two sensible sentences in your post, montblanc, these:

======================
In contrast to other democracies in Europe and elsewhere, there is in the US not enough attenuation for the possibility that a government turns wild and/or irresponsible.

This has to be considered a very bad systemic flaw in the US Democracy.
======================

The stuff before is nonsense or not relevant to your argument, the stuff after is pipe-dream material, IMO. Maybe you could expand on these two sentences?

Yours, Calimero

Use magic tools Report

montblanc has been deleted
Post time 2004-5-15 05:56:18 |Display all floors

I thank all the participants

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-15 12:48:28 |Display all floors

re: montblanc

if it makes you feel any better, your post was on the chinadaily front page for a couple days.  i think they really like anything that attacks the u.s.

ts

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.