Author: abramicus

CHINA and JAPAN should Sit Down and TALK!!!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-13 14:38:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-13 14:54:08 |Display all floors
  Has it ever occurred to you that America just balks at taking sides on this issue, say, who's the owner of Diaoyu Island? I think the best solution for the two nations would be to hold talks and resolve it peacefully.

In fairness, Japan and America are allies, and it's widely reported that America has the obligation to come to the rescue when Japan is under attack. But I don't really think that  suggests that America will be pleased to have a rising Japan enamored of militarism as its ally , in light of its own war against Japan historically.

There are two reasons to account for this? first and foremost, America just wants to use Japan as a bargaining chip when dealing with China or even the South Korea, which both have land disputes with China. In addition, it offers America a legitimate excuse to employ troops in Japan. This serves two purposes: one is too watch out for Japan and China; another one is to use it as a foothold for its military expansion in Asia.

You could say that sounds despotic, but Asia  now still needs  the American  military presence, thanks to the threats posed by Islamic radicalism and animosities among Asian nations, which have taken to using nationalism to fend off the invasion of  foreign cultures.

They have to build trust and dispel the misgivings first, working together to build a united Asia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-13 15:39:12 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-13 15:46:32 |Display all floors
Japan is now headed by a Nazi government.  America can either honor or not honor its pact of mutual defense with a Nazi regime.  China will simply have to defend itself.  No Czechoslovakia.  Diaoyudao is not Japan's Sudetenland.  Ma Yingjeou should stop appeasing Japan, or Taiwan will go the way of Czechoslovakia.  Today is the best day to make a stand, President Ma, today, not tomorrow.  Set foot on Diaoyudao and claim it for all China, for all times, and for all seasons - today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-13 16:28:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-1-13 16:03
Japan really ought to "Sit Down And Talk"

That is what the title of this thread suggests.

in China, no talking.
The Pee decides.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2014-1-13 16:28:46 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-1-13 16:46
Japan is now headed by a Nazi government.  America can either honor or not honor its pact of mutual  ...
  1. Ma Yingjeou should stop appeasing Japan, or Taiwan will go the way of Czechoslovakia.  Today is the best day to make a stand, President Ma, today, not tomorrow.
Copy code
I don't think that Mr. Ma does appease Japan. This statement from Saturday:

Ma Yin-jeou says he is puzzled and disappointed by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's visit to Yasukuni Shrine on December 26th.

Ma posted his criticism on his personal Facebook page on Saturday.

He said the Japanese leader has jeopardized the security of East Asia by visiting Yasukuni Shrine.

He said that as a Chinese, he cannot understand and is disappointed at the Japanese leader's action that disregards the feelings of people in neighboring countries who are still suffering pain because of what happened in the past.

Ma criticized the Japanese prime minister for visiting the shrine at a time of mounting tensions in the East China Sea. He called on neighboring countries to contribute to peace and stability in the region.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-13 16:38:20 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2014-1-13 16:28
I don't think that Mr. Ma does appease Japan. This statement from Saturday:

Ma Yin-jeou says he i ...

Hoping for peace when someone worships Class A War Criminals who murdered 35 million fellow Chinese as his heroes is not appeasement?  But at least, he was "disappointed".  What else do you expect of Ma?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.