Author: lionstar

Diesel-Engine Taxi-Cabs in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-8 23:33:23 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2014-1-8 19:11
What for?

you mean FOR WHAT? na..some say that they have seen Diesel-Engine-Taxi IN CHINA...i´v never seen  such...WHO HAS AND WHERE AND IF .....  
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 23:38:25 |Display all floors
Northeast during very cold weeks?   that´s what i was told, but can´t believe because as far as i know it´s forbidden..hmm
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 01:11:45 |Display all floors
Diesel used to be cheaper than petrol in Australia, then it went the other way, more profit for the companies.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 02:03:21 |Display all floors
all i kno the shanghai GEELY manufacturin most of the london taxi cabs for quite a few years now...diesel engine is just way too polluted & they're powerful engine but not fast in term of SPEED  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e129:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 05:29:03 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-1-9 02:03
all i kno the shanghai GEELY manufacturin most of the london taxi cabs for quite a few years now...d ...

1: Pollution.
Petrol used to be leaded. Would you blame the pollution of a petrol car running on leaded fuel on the engine technology or the fuel composition?
Diesel compositions sold here in europe have gone clearer in the last decade, they could do just the same in other places given a high enough demand for diesel to support the changes in the processing plants.
And 'Filter' Technology is available as well, just as Katalysators used to.

2: Performance.
It beats me why 'Murricans of all would feel in any place to judge on that.
Restrictively regulated Velocities that can only be measured in Slowness,
needlessly increasing the overall traffic threats by leading to boredom and distraction,
no Penetration with Diesel Cars to make a verdict on
- yep, definetly the right people to judge cleanliness and performance of Diesels.

Somehow I wonder then how Diesel could get around half the market share in a market like Germany,
with saner and safer and most of all much faster and better performant traffic.
With higher Penetration even at Company Cars, where the last Thing an employer would want,
is any car wasting the precious time of his employees.
I've driven Petrol Cars privatly. Beamers, VWs, you name it,
And also driven Diesel Company Cars. Citroen, BMW, etc.

I wouldn't want to confirm your statement amid actually having any experience to base a statement on exactly due to my experience existing with Diesel Cars,
And I am pretty certain that quite a few of Europeans with actual Diesel driving experience will confirm my Statements.

And the Overall conclusion is: You have no actual Idea of what you are talking about.
You are just on the american Bandwagon of mistakingly thinking you guys knew and had any understanding of cars and driving them,
and just parrot the usual american ignorant misconceptions of things you don't even know.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 07:08:10 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2014-1-8 22:14
Diesel is more expensive in UK than petrol...But in Spain it is cheaper, so the price of diesel ca ...

They are about the same price in Australia
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 10:12:59 |Display all floors
Used to own a Jetta diesel here in US. No problem finding fuel for it and over 50mpg. Only drawback was maintenance was very expensive but all VW repairs are expensive. But most newer diesel's are as clean burning as gas. It's only when they get old and not kept up as well as they should be that they start being so dirty.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.