Author: MisterPanda

Three things I'm fed up to hear about China   [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-2 13:04:35 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2014-1-2 12:42
The things that you speak of, also happens in many other places on Earth as well.

Although, you are ...

It certainly happens in many other places on Earth but I do not know of another country that consistently reminds everybody of their goods intentions and qualities the way China does.

I was performing in Beijing for the New Year and a woman managed to throw all three remarks in one conversation, which gave me the idea of writing this post.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 13:06:19 |Display all floors
Here is something that might do something for your head, or maybe not.

The universe is a huge place.

It takes years to get to planets beyond Mars in our local system.

Imagine for a moment, the vastness of the space between us and our local sister stars.

Now let's go a bit further and look at that in the context of our galaxy, and then looking around us,
at all the others galaxies, getting smaller as they are further away, until they are specks in the distance.

In all of the universe.

In all of known creation.

There is only one place, where bullshit exists, and we are all right in the middle of it.

{:soso_e134:}

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 13:08:32 |Display all floors
Another thing I'm fed up to hear about China

4. MADE IN CHINA IS CRAP

No made in China is not crap. Chinese are capable of doing excellent quality products (just close to us : iPhones, iPads, which are certainly not necessary products but the quality is good, or even Nike shoes and so on).

The thing is most people want to pay nothing for the products they buy and when you pay nothing, the product is crap.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 13:15:10 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2014-1-2 11:08
very well expressed MisterPanda   ( i live and work in China already for several ...

Robert has selective hearing
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 13:15:40 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2014-1-2 13:06
Here is something that might do something for your head, or maybe not.

The universe is a huge place ...
There is only one place, where bullshit exists, and we are all right in the middle of it.

Oh I'm sure Earth does not have the monopoly on bullshit :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 13:41:33 |Display all floors
The Chinese are like every other people, good, bad, lazy, hard working, don't like Robert, good and bad. They are normal people, there is nothing special about the Chinese people
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 13:42:17 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-1-2 12:07
As long as we're all jumping on the band wagon, I've been living in China for 30 years.

Your funny

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.